Steam Daily Deals:2/05/12 Sunday: Shatter $3.39 66% off

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CuriousMike

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
FYI, I've added an "Analytics" section on my website.
While it will grow with more useful information, immediately it will allow you to see the sale history of any game.

For example, it will show that "Edge" was on sale during the Holiday sale for $2.71.

edge.png

overview.png

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Edge is alright. Not the funnest puzzle game I've ever played, but it's ok.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
FYI, I've added an "Analytics" section on my website.
While it will grow with more useful information, immediately it will allow you to see the sale history of any game.

For example, it will show that "Edge" was on sale during the Holiday sale for $2.71.

edge.png

overview.png

Cool feature, do like. I've seen it on other sites that track DD sales, but they lump all the DD sites they keep track of with it and it gets messy.

Dunno if it is possible or not or how easy/hard it is to put in. But could the Analytics also track the date it was on sale for xxx price as well? That could help a lot too.

CuriousMike

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
But could the Analytics also track the date it was on sale for xxx price as well? That could help a lot too.

Not quite sure what you're asking; I simply track each date the game was on sale.
So, the first chart shows "EDGE" on sale on different dates at different prices.

( In the overall game view, you see that EDGE was listed on sale 4 times. Click on the 4 to see those dates and prices.)

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
( In the overall game view, you see that EDGE was listed on sale 4 times. Click on the 4 to see those dates and prices.)

I didn't realize/see I could click on that number at the end, that was pretty much exactly what I was asking, sorry, but thank you for clearing it up. Great feature :D

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
I bought Painkiller Black Edition a few years ago.

If you want a mindless shooter like Quake or Doom, then Painkiller should give you just what you are looking for. No real story plot, good graphics for when the game was released, just about all weapons have multiple fire modes, and the AI is stupid.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
If you want a mindless shooter like Quake or Doom, then Painkiller should give you just what you are looking for. No real story plot, good graphics for when the game was released, just about all weapons have multiple fire modes, and the AI is stupid.

Sounds like my ex :thumbsup:

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Found a screen shot of painkiller I posted to my photobucket account a few years ago.

This is from Painkiller Black

Painkiller2008-12-1014-36-36-09S-1.jpg

I can not speak for the other versions of Painkiller, but the Black edition was a lot of fun. The music can get old rather quick, sometimes you have to hunt down and kill that last zombie before you can complete a map, sometimes the direction arrow does not work too great, the AI acts like something out of the 1990s.

I might get the painkiller package, put in my inventory so I can gift to someone later.

Last edited:

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Only get Black Edition. For $2.50 it's a good deal. The complete pack for $5 isn't worth it because all the other games in the series are terrible.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
For $2.50, I think Painkiller Black edition is a pretty good deal.

If someone likes mindless shooters, why not.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Bought 3 copies of Painkiller Black, stored them in my inventory for gifting or trade later on.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Nothing like Asteroids actually. It is a fun little game. Demo on Steam as well.