Steam Daily Deals: 10/07/11 Friday: Cogs $3.40 66% off

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Darksiders is a fantastic Zelda/God of War combination. Be sure to play it with an Xbox 360 controller or some other gamepad though, as it was clearly designed for one.

sash1

Diamond Member
Jul 20, 2001
would highly recommend darksiders to anyone who doesn't have it. got it during the xmas sale and loved it. $5 is a steal, imo.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
seems like fun if i could play more than 10 minutes at a time without it hanging on me.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
Bought this because I don't think it'll be cheaper than $5 in a long time, though I don't know when I'll have time to play it.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I love love love Mirror's Edge. One of the most beautiful, fun, and refreshing games I've ever played.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
The Whispered World is the DD today.

Anyone played it? I've had my eye on it here and there and it almost never goes on sale.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Purchased

Let us know how it is. I'm interested in it but not 100%. I know there is a demo but I wont be able to play it for a little while and would still like to hear impressions on the full game. I'm a sucker for tower defense games.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Let us know how it is. I'm interested in it but not 100%. I know there is a demo but I wont be able to play it for a little while and would still like to hear impressions on the full game. I'm a sucker for tower defense games.

Not the first time this one has been a DD. I bought it last time and it was okay but not great. It's a port of an iPhone game and it shows. Doesn't even have widescreen; if you use fullscreen, you get pillarboxes. That said, it's decently fun if you're itching for a new tower defense game and don't want to spend much. Just don't expect to get hours and hours of fun out of it like Defense Grid or something. Hell, it's cheaper now on Steam than it is to buy for the iPhone ($2.49 vs. $2.99).

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Thanks for the heads up AstroManLuca.
How long is the game, or did you not finish it?

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Not the first time this one has been a DD. I bought it last time and it was okay but not great. It's a port of an iPhone game and it shows. Doesn't even have widescreen; if you use fullscreen, you get pillarboxes. That said, it's decently fun if you're itching for a new tower defense game and don't want to spend much. Just don't expect to get hours and hours of fun out of it like Defense Grid or something. Hell, it's cheaper now on Steam than it is to buy for the iPhone ($2.49 vs. $2.99).

That's why I purchased it now. It looked 'okay' and interesting but I know it's a port and don't expect huge things from it. A few hours of entertainment will do me for a 50% off deal.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Thanks for the heads up AstroManLuca.
How long is the game, or did you not finish it?

Didn't finish. Steam shows I have 5.1 hours on record, although that would include any time spent in the game but not doing anything (like if I had to pause and go do something else, which happens fairly often to me).

For contrast, I have 27 hours in Defense Grid, not including all the time I put into it on my 360 (I have both versions).

CuriousMike

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
I didn't know I liked Tower Defense games until I purchased Defense Grid.
I freaking loved that game.

Someone recommended "Monster Mash" and i just could not get into it.

For $2.50, I'm giving iBomber a chance.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Played the demo and enjoyed it enough and bought it. Spent like 5 hours playing it tonight, damn tower defense games are a weakness of mine!