but lately its just been a pig
gaMES LAUNCHing slow
pages flatlining
the community update is a hot mess
dunno if its all to blame

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
No problems lately. A couple of random D/C moments from the Steam network but nothing unusual.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
Working fine for me. Things like the client browser and navigating the different sections (store, community, etc.) have always been slower than normal web browsing, but I've gotten used to it.

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
I actually installed and played several different Steam games this past weekend. No problem. I only play the games though, including installing some 3+ GB ones, no community stuff or anything like that.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
The only problem I have is that the quicklist from the start menu is more often blank than not despite being regularly used. It's annoying since I much prefer using it to launch games rather than going into steam itself.

SpunkyJones

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2004
No issues seen here and I've been using it regularly for the last couple of weeks. I don't access the community stuff though, if that makes a difference.

coldmeat

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2007
TF2 takes forever to start up now, and takes a couple of minutes to "retrieve server info" when joining a math. I just got back into TF2 lately, and it wasn't like this before.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
TF2 takes forever to start up now, and takes a couple of minutes to "retrieve server info" when joining a math. I just got back into TF2 lately, and it wasn't like this before.

I played on the weekend for the first time in months and did not encounter any issues like this. It was very snappy and loaded to servers very quickly.

KT

zerogear

Diamond Member
Jun 4, 2000
I had this happen for a while with Steam. I backed up the commonapps (your games) folder and uninstalled then reinstalled steam, copied the common apps back, and it fixed it

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
Doesn't startup after boot nearly as fast as it used to. Icons always take a while to load when I open it. But them adding big screen support, apps..etc, hope it doesn't get too bloated. I just need a simple game launcher interface with a basic store, losing all of that