The GOG & Steam Sale Thread

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Personal review: Grim Dawn is highway robbery at that price. Buy it, you won't be disappointed if you like arpgs in the slightest. If you can see yourself place an RPG for any length of time, the dlc is great too.

Yes, I've had a lot of fun with Grim Dawn plain version and the expansion with the new area and Necromancer class is good too.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Some suggestions:

Spelunky $2.99
The Stanley Parable $3.74
Rogue Legacy $2.99
Dishonored $2.49

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
So, just to reconfirm, the sale on a particular game lasts till the 5th of July right? I mean i have my eye out on XCOM2 which is considerably low due to the sale, but i have spending money coming in only on the 1st of July. So the sale on this particular game will last till then, right?

Feb 4, 2009
So, just to reconfirm, the sale on a particular game lasts till the 5th of July right? I mean i have my eye out on XCOM2 which is considerably low due to the sale, but i have spending money coming in only on the 1st of July. So the sale on this particular game will last till then, right?

As far as the previous sales have gone, yes. However I recommend looking at the XCOM2 store page, it will tell how many days/hours are left on the sale.

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
I have a wrecking yard of a wishlist.
I picked a couple I know I want ( F1 2017, WRC 7 ), another couple I've wanted-ish for awhile ( Grim Dawn and Metro 2033 ) and went with a wildcard (Bayonetta.)

I'm confident I'll put hours into the racing games (that's my thang), pretty sure i'll get at least a couple hours in Metro... and the hope is to put an hour into the others before the year is up. ;)

Project Cars 2 is on sale too and supports VR well. Grim dawn was excellent. I got it awhile ago. Considering the expansion, but the sale discount is kinda meh.

I picked up southpark-fracutred but whole (historic low, loved the first one)
Hellbalde:senua's sacrifice- This one has crazy good reviews, but 'weird' historic low as well. Finally going to give it a shot.

thejunglegod

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2012
As far as the previous sales have gone, yes. However I recommend looking at the XCOM2 store page, it will tell how many days/hours are left on the sale.

Alright, it shows 5th July on the store page. Pretty dumb of me to not look it up initially.
Thanks mate.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
Personal review: Grim Dawn is highway robbery at that price. Buy it, you won't be disappointed if you like arpgs in the slightest. If you can see yourself place an RPG for any length of time, the dlc is great too.
Can you offer a comparison to Victor Vran?

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Can you offer a comparison to Victor Vran?
I can, actually. Much less focus on movement generally (a few classes have a little more mobility, and depend on it). Closer to the classic Diablo 1/2 formula, with the addition of having the ability to mix classes a bit (think Titan Quest). VV was also more 'scenario' based on terms of how the world was laid out, you almost went on individual missions through a given map... GD is really just one gigantic map, with a few exceptions you can run the entire game from start to finish without hitting a loading screen. Dungeons, caves, and a few building interiors would be exceptions.

Also has far more customizations when it comes to class abilities, in multiple forms... Closer to Path of Exile there (though not quite as freeform).

Hope that helps.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Oh, btw, looks like Valve is clearing inventory. Links for sale for $2.50. Even if you *think* you'd have a need to stream something to a TV somewhere (game or a/v) grab one. It's only three bucks!

Reactions: SickBeast

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
Is Dishonored 2 an improvement on the first one? I liked the first one, but I'm not sure I want to get the second at this price yet -

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
I can, actually. Much less focus on movement generally (a few classes have a little more mobility, and depend on it). Closer to the classic Diablo 1/2 formula, with the addition of having the ability to mix classes a bit (think Titan Quest). VV was also more 'scenario' based on terms of how the world was laid out, you almost went on individual missions through a given map... GD is really just one gigantic map, with a few exceptions you can run the entire game from start to finish without hitting a loading screen. Dungeons, caves, and a few building interiors would be exceptions.

Also has far more customizations when it comes to class abilities, in multiple forms... Closer to Path of Exile there (though not quite as freeform).

Hope that helps.
Thanks! I've played and enjoyed Van Helsing, Titan Quest (still playing Ragnarok) and of course the Diablos. I love ARPGs. VV is 4.99 and GD is 7.49. I'll look up some gameplay vids of both before I decide. Maybe even get both. :)

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Considering Prey for $15 and Fallout 4 GOTY for $30, though I already have Fallout 4 based game on PS4... hm. Also considering darkest dungeon.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Thanks! I've played and enjoyed Van Helsing, Titan Quest (still playing Ragnarok) and of course the Diablos. I love ARPGs. VV is 4.99 and GD is 7.49. I'll look up some gameplay vids of both before I decide. Maybe even get both. :)
Ah, I thought you had VV already.

I'd say GD has more staying power (I've dove back into that one more than a few times, never even finished VV really) but both are fun on their own merits. VV is a great price at $5 and if you enjoy it you'll get a solid ~10-20hr for a once-through, probably 30-40hr for 100%/NG+/whatever they use for hardmode. GD has more going for it though imo and it's still being actively developed. They release new expansions, free content, etc on a fairly regular basis.

At any rate, get both. It's only twelve bucks :p