STAY AWAY FROM SAPPHIRE 5770 Vapor-x

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
Sorry, I don't get the problem. You do your due diligence in reading reviews on a GPU before making a purchase but, can't take a couple of minutes to check the vendor's site to make sure you get what you expect? No sympathy.

stan001

Jan 7, 2010
I'm from Malaysia and got the same card.... 720 shaders and NO GAME!!!

Even on their website today, it still says there is a game bundle..

I made my decision to choose Sapphire (never purchased a Sapphire brand b4 ) based on the extra values provided compared to other brands : the FREE game bundled

Now I left cheated without the FREE DIRT2 game coupon and 80 shader less.

As a consumer, we do not deal with SKU, only manufacturers and distributors deals with SKU during product ordering. Consumers deals with model numbers.

I'm posting a BIG warning in a local garaqge sales forum to potential Sapphire customers to stay away from this card due to Sapphire ugly sales tactics to deceive consumers AND at the same time they mess up on the BIOS to have 80 shaders less...

And their Technical Support is really bad, it almost 2 days since I open a support ticket and still no reply from them..

Last edited:

Xarick

Golden Member
May 17, 2006
Okay well first off check the vendor you buy from. If you buy from a place like Newegg it clearly shows no game. Secondly Sapphire fixed the problem, but there is still old stock out there and all a person has to do is flash it which takes all of 5 minutes. So I don't see what the issue is. BTW the price of the vapor-x has dropped to the same as many others that also do not include a game at this point.