States will be running out of unemployment money very soon.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
They might have to call on the federal government for help. i'm sure that tis will put more pressure on states to open earlier, even at the expense of people getting sick/dying.

How about any money. Municipalities and states are just about broke. One of the things holding up current legislation is that the Pubs don't want to address this.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
How about any money. Municipalities and states are just about broke. One of the things holding up current legislation is that the Pubs don't want to address this.

So long as the FRB bails out the banks, hedge funds & bondholders they'll be happy. The rest of America? They're going with bread & circuses for now...

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I think most state's Constitution's require balanced budgets

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I think most state's Constitution's require balanced budgets
Yeah there was an interview recently with Krugman where he was saying that this is going to be the real issue we need to deal with next.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
The federal government should have just sent cash to businesses to keep people on their payrolls.

Reactions: heymrdj

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I'd imagine that the fed will just print more money to bail out the states that are willing to pay ball with Trump.

Something tells me Cuomo might need find someone else to give NY State an emergency bridge loan after his last press conference.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
The safety net in this country fails people.

They Filed for Unemployment Last Month. They Haven't Seen a Dime.

A prime reason why the shutdown scares the hell out of people.
In Republican controlled states like FL it's called "reemployment assistance" courtesy of douche-bag Rick Scott. He shaved everything down to the bone, made applying online a huge hassle with flash-based "abilities test" that crashed before the hour it took to complete it. Clearly Scot's plan was to make it so frustrating people gave up, then he cut the week's from 32 to 12 and the max payout is $275/wk, 2nd lowest in the nation. Dickheads here voted in Desantis as governor and now that massive amounts have applied people are having huge problems, checks are slow to arrive and the underfunded unemployment will run out of $$ soon. Similar issues in other Republican controlled states, maybe this fiasco will finally convince red voters to understand their hero's only cater to the wealthy.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
In Republican controlled states like FL it's called "reemployment assistance" courtesy of douche-bag Rick Scott. He shaved everything down to the bone, made applying online a huge hassle with flash-based "abilities test" that crashed before the hour it took to complete it. Clearly Scot's plan was to make it so frustrating people gave up, then he cut the week's from 32 to 12 and the max payout is $275/wk, 2nd lowest in the nation. Dickheads here voted in Desantis as governor and now that massive amounts have applied people are having huge problems, checks are slow to arrive and the underfunded unemployment will run out of $$ soon. Similar issues in other Republican controlled states, maybe this fiasco will finally convince red voters to understand their hero's only cater to the wealthy.
Give the people what they want, I always say.