State of the Union starting now [Just ended].

Gyrene

Banned
Jun 6, 2002
Originally posted by: rh71
I was so looking forward to 24 too.... :|

What is wrong with people. That's a fantasy show, this is what's happening in real life. I don't think missing one episode is going to ruin your life.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001

Um, w/o the greatest system of government in the world in place, your precious teenie bopper show wouldn't exist. YOu'd be watching "Allah and you...removing your woman's clitoris to make her behave...." :disgust:

I'm tuned in.

OREOSpeedwagon

Diamond Member
May 30, 2001
its not going to ruin his life but damn the state of the union address is boring to watch. plus it wouldn't really affect most people if they watched the state of the union or not.

Gyrene

Banned
Jun 6, 2002
Originally posted by: OREOSpeedwagon
its not going to ruin his life but damn the state of the union address is boring to watch. plus it wouldn't really affect most people if they watched the state of the union or not.

Yea, so boring. I mean who wants to hear about what's going on in our country. There's really no point in that.

EDIT: Though the incessant clapping gets on my nerves...

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
"What's wrong with people ?" I'd rather be entertained tonight. I don't vote nor do I care to but that doesn't mean I'm unpatriotic.

I can catch what he had to say in the newspaper tomorrow. Must they show this on every network ?

aircooled

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Tomorrow mornings CNN recap will be easier to listen to... but I'm watching it anyway.....

Gyrene

Banned
Jun 6, 2002
"What's wrong with people ?" I'd rather be entertained tonight. I don't vote nor do I care to.

I can catch what he had to say in the newspaper tomorrow. Thanks.

Right. You just want the easy way out, and whatever happens happens. Your vote obviously wouldn't make a difference, and the fact that thousands died to give you that right doesn't matter. You don't want to vote. Voting is a stupid right.

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
It always seems awkward when everyone is deciding whether to remain seated or stand after he finishes a point.

On another note, Ted Kennedy just shook his head and smirked.

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: MichaelD

Um, w/o the greatest system of government in the world in place, your precious teenie bopper show wouldn't exist. YOu'd be watching "Allah and you...removing your woman's clitoris to make her behave...." :disgust:

I'm tuned in.

yes.
if not for our government that would surely be happening.

more on topic:
1. it is important but
2. if people dont want to care about it, so be it. allow them to watch what the would like. its not my business to care if you are worried about politics. and if you are not, me forcing you to would result in some pretty terrible changes, im afraid.

OREOSpeedwagon

Diamond Member
May 30, 2001
Originally posted by: dtyn
Originally posted by: OREOSpeedwagon

Yea, so boring. I mean who wants to hear about what's going on in our country. There's really no point in that.

EDIT: Though the incessant clapping gets on my nerves...

you're saying it, not me :p its just you guys make it sound like its unamerican not to watch the state of the union. Just because I said it was boring doesn't mean I said there's no point in it. Not everyone wants to sit in front of a TV for two hours to watch GWB...

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
"What's wrong with people ?" I'd rather be entertained tonight. I don't vote nor do I care to.

Right. You just want the easy way out, and whatever happens happens. Your vote obviously wouldn't make a difference, and the fact that thousands died to give you that right doesn't matter. You don't want to vote. Voting is a stupid right.
Don't put words in my mouth. I simply don't care. Stupid has nothing to do with it. If you really want my opinion, I think politicians are all lying POSs but they gotta do what they gotta do to go about their business.

So... what ?

Gyrene

Banned
Jun 6, 2002
Originally posted by: Orsorum
Link for the lazy.

Cheers!
Nate

Yup, everything he says is a lie. Nothing he says is true. Everything everyone else says is the truth, though. I mean, what liberal in his right-mind would ever tell a lie.

Cougar

Golden Member
Feb 26, 2000
heh....did you guys see Ted Kennedy's face? That poor man looks like he wants to jump out of his seat and ring Bush's neck.

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Link for the lazy.

Cheers!
Nate

Yup, everything he says is a lie. Nothing he says is true. Everything everyone else says is the truth, though. I mean, what liberal in his right-mind would ever tell a lie.

Relax man, this doesn't need to turn into a typical political thread.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Love him or hate him; Dubya's got NUTZ. He's doing the job. You go, Dubya! I voted for him and will again in 2004.

Gyrene

Banned
Jun 6, 2002

Don't put words in my mouth. I simply don't care. Stupid has nothing to do with it.

Apathy is just as bad.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Link for the lazy.

Cheers!
Nate

Man on a mission, I gotta hand it to you... it's almost blinding.

Gyrene

Banned
Jun 6, 2002
Originally posted by: Descartes
Link for the lazy.

Cheers!
Nate

Relax man, this doesn't need to turn into a typical political thread.

State of the Union is about politics. :p
But I will relax...I don't want to have a heart attack.