StarWars: The Old Republic closed beta keys? I will give...

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
gratuitous sexual favors for someone who's in the beta to hand out one of their assigned buddy keys to me.

I'm freakin DESPERATE!

If you don't, I will sing Rebecca Black all day until you do! PLLEEEEEEEASE! lol.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I would give someone a great big e-hug for a key.

Also, begging is not allowed on the forums.
Also, screw the rules.

The Big D

Apr 17, 2005
Im thinking that when they do open up the beta past the current friends and family it will probably be an open beta to test server load and that you will be able to get in without trading any favors.

MikeyLSU

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2005
I would like one, but will only offer a thanks. not willing to go quite that far for a key as some.

eadInc

Mar 31, 2009
I would give someone a great big e-hug for a key.

Also, begging is not allowed on the forums.
Also, screw the rules.

funny178.jpg
I'd have my wife type obscene things to you.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
lol... you guys are too funny. I'm not THAT desperate, but I'll keep you all in mind.

Not that I'm in the beta... or anything... cause I couldn't... you know... SAY... if I was... or anything like that.

Soccerman06

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
Pretty sure there is no beta going on atm. There is however "Game Testing Program" which is basically their alpha. Closed beta will probably happen around E3 and open beta will be a month or 2 prior to release. However they said that there probably will not be any open beta, and more of a play for a few weeks before you buy kinda deal. They said that TOR would announce the release date at the next big game expo, ie E3.

Game Testing for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is underway! Those selected to test will gain access to the game and be able to provide valuable feedback to help us tune particular areas of gameplay and begin the process of balancing and tweaking our content.

Game Testing is an on-going process being rolled out in several phases. These phases began with smaller, more focused tests with community members from North America, and later will expand to other territories. Users selected for the test program will be notified via email with more information on accessing the Game Testing Portal. If you’ve not been chosen yet, you may be selected in the next wave!

There has been no announcement regarding any sort of beta program for STAR WARS: The Old Republic. We do, however, have an ongoing game testing program. More details and discussion about testing can be found here

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
Pretty sure there is no beta going on atm. There is however "Game Testing Program" which is basically their alpha. Closed beta will probably happen around E3 and open beta will be a month or 2 prior to release. However they said that there probably will not be any open beta, and more of a play for a few weeks before you buy kinda deal. They said that TOR would announce the release date at the next big game expo, ie E3.

They may not be officially calling it "closed beta", but if the game is going to release anytime this year it's already well into what would normally be considered the beta phase.

BTW, I've been signed up waiting for a beta invite for about 2.5 years now.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
lol... you guys are too funny. I'm not THAT desperate, but I'll keep you all in mind.

Not that I'm in the beta... or anything... cause I couldn't... you know... SAY... if I was... or anything like that.

Left nut? Right nut? Both? My first born?

.... I'll even give you one of my beers :eek:

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006

There are currently people playing a closed beta who have buddy keys to distribute.

Soccerman06

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
There are currently people playing a closed beta who have buddy keys to distribute.

Yes I know people are playing it, never said there wasnt. Think of this as more a friends and family alpha testing other than closed beta. When the official forums moderators/programmers/testers say there is no current beta, I believe them.

Hi all,

There has been no announcement regarding any sort of beta program for STAR WARS: The Old Republic. We do, however, have an ongoing game testing program. More details and discussion about testing can be found here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=166092

We also have a topic on open beta discussion right here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=285506

For further discussion on the topic of release windows, we ask that that the community use the following thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=275389

Thanks!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=291121 (at the bottom)

edit: Ive been in the stupid beta invite thing myself since it started and nothing for me sadly :( If you want to call that beta, ok but they will have another form of beta in which a large population gets to test and play around, not the few thousand they have currently. You CAN say your in the testing phase, but thats all you are allowed to say. Sorry SunnyD you not be trollin.

Last edited:

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
Yes I know people are playing it, never said there wasnt. Think of this as more a friends and family alpha testing other than closed beta. When the official forums moderators/programmers/testers say there is no current beta, I believe them.

I don't think you understand the difference between "alpha" and "beta" testing. If the game is still in alpha, it's not even feature complete yet, and it's probably well over a year away from release.

Now, that may very well be the case. But it conflicts with a lot of other info they've given out about a 2011 release.

Soccerman06

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
I don't think you understand the difference between "alpha" and "beta" testing. If the game is still in alpha, it's not even feature complete yet, and it's probably well over a year away from release.

Now, that may very well be the case. But it conflicts with a lot of other info they've given out about a 2011 release.

Id prefer to call it alpha over beta since they still have payed persons testing the game and looking for bugs. I wouldnt know what to call it since the game is more or less complete but they wont allow it to be a legit closed beta. If we want to get technical by your definition, when Blizzard released the beta for Cataclysm, not nearly any of the content was completed or even started, yet they let people play it pretty openly. That would mean it was under alpha testing by you but everyone called it beta... Theres too much of a gap to call it, in this case since the game is more or less complete yet there is still a payed staff looking for bugs and a smallish community doing larger "fun" and server testing stuff.

Release dates and what testing goes on varies greatly based on the game. This game has been in whatever testing phase for years so its plausible they could have nearly everything done and would only do an open beta just to stress test the servers to make sure everything is operational and functioning.

Last edited:

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
regardless of what its being called it's in testing and there are keys to be had if you know someone...
dunno what the argument here is.. weather its called a beta or a zeta or a turd it's still closed invite only testing..

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=291121 (at the bottom)

edit: Ive been in the stupid beta invite thing myself since it started and nothing for me sadly :( If you want to call that beta, ok but they will have another form of beta in which a large population gets to test and play around, not the few thousand they have currently. You CAN say your in the testing phase, but thats all you are allowed to say. Sorry SunnyD you not be trollin.

Ugh. Why are you posting all of this? I already know this. Nobody's disputing this. There are people playing a beta (no matter what you call it) and they have keys to distribute plain and simple. Many games have done the "word of mouth" beta invite by giving keys to the players and letting them distribute them. I'd like one. It's a really simple concept, k?

:)

Now, who am I giving my first born to? :p

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
I'm trying to get rid of my nuts as well, I have 5 kids already. And I'm not fond of beer... :p

Haha :biggrin: I don't blame you.

How about I give you a year's worth of weekends babysitting? :biggrin::awe:

eadInc

Mar 31, 2009
No, the massive online following is setting up a huge rouse just to confuse you.

It's named after this... was it set of books or scientific journals called "Star Wars"? I mean, why would they make a game based off something so vague and unknown.

Also, who's BioWare? Never heard of 'em!

Sure. To. Fail.

Last edited: