starting the ECC2-109 project

Xazzu

Jan 11, 2001
I don't know who's in charge or what not, but I just started this project on my temp laptop here (until I can get my main system back). just a head's up so you can add me to the team :p

adeno

Jan 12, 2002
Welcome to the TA ECC2 TeAm ;)

We don't add you, you join us :p
Once you have one dp sent, you will get a confirmation email shortly afterwards from the project. Follow the contents of that email and you will be able to set up your name and join the TeAm :)

Again, welcome onboard :cool:

edit: btw, the confirmation email address will be the same one you set on the ecc2 cfg file.

Xazzu

Jan 11, 2001
rock on, sounds great!

I'm not sure if the dp was sent though, I haven't gotten an email (maybe it takes longer than 20 minutes though) I am beind a firewall I think because of how we have the cable internet split. if I don't get an email soon, should I assume it didn't send? and what should I do if it didn't?

thanks!

adeno

Jan 12, 2002
Are you using the CLI client?

If so, generally you will see something similar to the following:

<snip>
ECC2-109 Win32 CLI Client Version: CF/WD

Each time a DP is found, it will be stored to a
pending file. Attempts will be made to send them
to the server as quickly as they're found. If unable
to upload them, they will be saved until they can
be sent later.

The information below contains the following fields.
It/s = the avg speed (in K's)
DPs = (a) DP's found on this machine
(b) DP's that haven't been sent to the server yet
(c) total DP's you've submitted to the server
(d) Total DP's submitted for the entire project
Note: Fields (c) and (d) are only updated once an hour,
or following DP uploads.
---------------------

863k It/s (673m) 2018:0:11099:1863098 DPs

</snip>

2018 being total dps found on this particular machine
0 being the total number of dps that haven't been sent, or failed to be sent to the server.

If yours doesn't say 0, it's possible you may need to open up the port on your firewall (I've never heard of this issue yet though)

The confirmation email actually takes a while to be sent, since the server which receives the dps is separate from the stats server. The stats server updates once every six hours, so you may not receive one for a while.. just check your email periodically :)

The stats server is located at http://ecc2.student.utwente.nl/ecc2/

edit: linkified it for ya :p

Xazzu

Jan 11, 2001
214k It/s (551m) 1:0:1:1862555 DPs

looks like it's sent then :) thanks for the quick reply! I'll keep you posted and probably have more questions later :D

adeno

Jan 12, 2002
Glad to hear all is well :D

I'm no expert in this project, but I'll help if I can ;)

zeruty

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2000
Be sure to let us know if you dont get the email, we'll find you an email address to email about it

the project has had a couple of periods in the past where emails werent being sent out (one caused by a fire at the building hosting the stats server :p)

Xazzu

Jan 11, 2001
nope, everything went fine, got my email and created my name, then signed up for the team! I'm onboard and computing away. now, back to sleep :p

Orange Kid

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Xazzu
nope, everything went fine, got my email and created my name, then signed up for the team! I'm onboard and computing away. now, back to sleep :p

Welcome aboard :)