Starting Testosterone

Sixguns

Platinum Member
May 22, 2011
After 1.5 months of testing levels and possible causes, yesterday I did my first injection of a .5cc load. Doctor was surprised that somebody my age would have numbers so low without something unnatural causing it. Will be doing 1 injection a week for a month followed by another round of tests to see how the load is working. Anybody else doing replacement therapy?

KIAman

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
Damn, I must have shit healthplan compared to you. I don't even meet with my endocrinologist until August 25. Supposedly, she is the one that will set my therapy.

Sixguns

Platinum Member
May 22, 2011
Damn, I must have shit healthplan compared to you. I don't even meet with my endocrinologist until August 25. Supposedly, she is the one that will set my therapy.

Guess Im lucky. My insurance wouldnt cover the pellet implants but that doesnt sound like fun anyway. I just need to find myself a sharps container for the house.

Zivic

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2002
Guess Im lucky. My insurance wouldnt cover the pellet implants but that doesnt sound like fun anyway. I just need to find myself a sharps container for the house.

that's what your empty protein jugs are for ;)

KIAman

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
Might be too early to tell but feel any different? I have 10 more days until my treatment.

Sixguns

Platinum Member
May 22, 2011
Yes it has. Ive been sleeping better, mentally better. Ive lost 7lbs and recovery time from the gym no longer takes days.

KIAman

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
So after waiting all this time to meet with my endocrinologist, I have to go do an MRI to ensure I don't have a tumor in my brain, then depending on the results, I'll be prescribed clomid (to stimulate my brain to tell my balls to make more T) or get surgery (because of a tumor). What a rollercoaster ride.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
Maybe I missed something but what made you seek help from a doctor in the first place. Did you have any symptoms that made you want to go see a doctor?

Sixguns

Platinum Member
May 22, 2011
Maybe I missed something but what made you seek help from a doctor in the first place. Did you have any symptoms that made you want to go see a doctor?

Over the course of 7-8 months started gaining weight without diet/exercise change. Losing strength. Just overall felt like crap

KIAman

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
I am getting the worst run-around I've ever experienced. After getting the referral for the MRI, I called the Endo to see why it's taking so long. They responded that they are still waiting approval from my insurance. So my insurance tells me I don't need an approval for an MRI. Endo says OOPS, finally sends referral to MRI. Called MRI place, need a bloodtest because my last one was taken too long ago because of this whole retarded process. Now waiting for the order on the damned bloodtest so I can get on with this.

/rant

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
You might want to check out clomiphene use in men at reputable websites (NIH?). I used it for a while for fertility issues - totally screwed up my moods and affected my reasoning (quickly discontinued). I thought I read somewhere that it isn't a first line treatment anymore - though I imagine that price may be a factor depending on your insurance and income. Good luck.