Starting seti in XP??

JustStarting

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2000
where do I add seti so it will start on bootup. i just installed XP and can't figure how to start it automatically.

JustStarting

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2000
if i just put it in the startup folder it opens a box on startup without starti set automatically. how do i do this like it used to work on 98??

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
This is what i did on my XP Home comp.
Right click on Start - click on Properties - then check the Classic Start menu - Apply - Customize - Add
Insert what you want where you want it.

When your done, you can re-check which Start menu you want.
Hope that works! :)

JustStarting

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2000
it's not starting on bootup doing the above?? it opens a window when on the desktop with setidriver and setiq in it. they will not run unless i click on them??

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: JustStarting
it's not starting on bootup doing the above?? it opens a window when on the desktop with setidriver and setiq in it. they will not run unless i click on them??

Shortcuts of the executable need to be in "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Start Menu\Programs\Startup"

SHUX

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I prefer the service install myself. That way the program is started when a user is logged into the system or not. :)

JustStarting

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2000
the drag and drop thingy worked. wonder why it wouldn't take adding to the startup folder???

my 98 box is fubar now!! it networked fine at first, but now i'm in the process of reformatting to clear all the mess i made of the networking somehow!! this is my best one yet. it was time- i've had the thing for 5 years and not formatted once besides the first OS install. it is the family machine and i don't do much with it. my wife won't be happy she lost her stuff, but it was gone!!