Stargate:SG1

adairusmc

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2006
If not, pretty damn close to it.

It is close, but not quite to the level of the number one series.

battlestar_galactica.jpg

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
"Means go crazy..nuts..insane..bonzo..no longer in control of ones faculties..three fries short of a Happy Meal..WACKO!"

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
Not the best, but a really good series, by far the best of the Stargates.

It went downhill after they defeated the Gould in Lost City Pt2 though, way downhill.

compbuilder00

Jul 27, 2006
Not the best, but a really good series, by far the best of the Stargates.

It went downhill after they defeated the Gould in Lost City Pt2 though, way downhill.

true but their crap is still better than many other SciFi shows out there

Daedalus685

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2009
Babylon 5 is a superior sci fi show.. but SG1 is very good. BSG never really made me think 'wow' (and why are the space ships not well lit?)

Farcape entertained me as much as SG1 as well.. though in different ways.

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
Also, SG:1 went longer than BSG, and as far as having a few drinks, chilling out, sort of watching, sort of surfing the web, SG:1 wins, but BSG is the better show.

Nothing in SG:1 comes close to the awesomeness that is the ep of BSG where the Pegasus jumps in and kicks the hell out of the Cylons, then the BSG jumps into the atmosphere of Caprica 2 and saves all the hostages. That was so fricken cool it's unreal.

Daedalus685

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2009
Also, SG:1 went longer than BSG, and as far as having a few drinks, chilling out, sort of watching, sort of surfing the web, SG:1 wins, but BSG is the better show.

Nothing in SG:1 comes close to the awesomeness that is the ep of BSG where the Pegasus jumps in and kicks the hell out of the Cylons, then the BSG jumps into the atmosphere of Caprica 2 and saves all the hostages. That was so fricken cool it's unreal.

It makes me sad that modern technology couldn't be applied to the stories and battles of season 4 of Babylon 5... I respect what BSG tried to do but I wish more folks would try the same thing..

The battle of the line would be all sorts of epic with the CGI crew from BSG (nothing against the way it was originally.. but it does look dated when I watch the dvds).

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
I will say that overall I personally think BSG is a better show, but I enjoy watching SG-1 a little more. SG-1's pseudo-comedic moments and its 3,453 or so one-liners that were sprinkled around randomly are just priceless.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
Babylon 5 is a superior sci fi show.. but SG1 is very good. BSG never really made me think 'wow' (and why are the space ships not well lit?)

Farcape entertained me as much as SG1 as well.. though in different ways.

QFT, although I do think that BSG deserves more credit in its own right.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
The first pic is great but the second one was kinda meh

I find her physically and Mentally Attractive, but not in the Lingerie kinda way. Dunno how to explain it better than that, she's Fully Dressed Sexy, Lingerie just seems to cheapen it.

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
I would like to see B5 without the ridiculous cgi. The live action part of that show is really good, then all of a sudden we are in cartoon land.