Starcraft source code found - Blizzard shows their gratitude.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Nope had no clue..last I heard was they couldn't because they didn't have the source code.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
You may love the fact that the original Starcraft is now free, and was updated to work on modern OSs.

But this was announced weeks ago.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
The only thing I find more amazing than yet another story about a game company somehow losing the source code to one of their games is the OP posting about a possibility that was announced as a news release weeks ago.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
The only thing I find more amazing than yet another story about a game company somehow losing the source code to one of their games is the OP posting about a possibility that was announced as a news release weeks ago.

Actually what I posted was released THAT day,and has nothing to do with the HD release that was already in progress and the thread title was just my thoughts of the long term outcome of it all. Forgive me for not having the internet attached to my brain all knowing one. You know you could have..maybe like..not even clicked the link since you already knew about it. But I'm guessing you didn't bother to check the link and have no clue why I posted it.

Or...aka: What I find more amazing than the above is that someone was so gosh darned annoyed they had to just post about it, because you know, world's about them and all.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
But, you posted a bit of Starcraft news, and didn't know about the bigger news. Seems odd. Also, you posted a couple days after the fact, not the day of. And we're painfully aware that your link has nothing to do with the HD release. And lupi knows what's in the link you provided, it's pretty obvious upon reading their comment.

It's better to admit your ignorance on the matter and move on, instead of trying to throw it back. I mean, lupi's post isn't even insulting. And your post does nothing to help your cause due to the further misinformation you posted.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Actually what I posted was released THAT day,and has nothing to do with the HD release that was already in progress and the thread title was just my thoughts of the long term outcome of it all. Forgive me for not having the internet attached to my brain all knowing one. You know you could have..maybe like..not even clicked the link since you already knew about it. But I'm guessing you didn't bother to check the link and have no clue why I posted it.

Or...aka: What I find more amazing than the above is that someone was so gosh darned annoyed they had to just post about it, because you know, world's about them and all.

You posted a thread implying they could do a HD version of starcraft now, about 6 weeks after that actual item was announced. If you don't understand how that gets you into the AT self ownage post of the year voting, can't help ya out.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
You posted a thread implying they could do a HD version of starcraft now, about 6 weeks after that actual item was announced. If you don't understand how that gets you into the AT self ownage post of the year voting, can't help ya out.

You still didn't read the link did you? Sure, I had no idea about tthe HD remake, and omg, how can that be??? but that isn't what the link is about. You would know that if you actually clicked it. I can't help you're just being an ass. We can't all be on top of every obscure story on the internet. Good for you, you have enough time to know all, AND comment in forums. You must be one busy person. And if this qualifies for self ownage of the year, it must be a real slow year.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
But, you posted a bit of Starcraft news, and didn't know about the bigger news. Seems odd. Also, you posted a couple days after the fact, not the day of. And we're painfully aware that your link has nothing to do with the HD release. And lupi knows what's in the link you provided, it's pretty obvious upon reading their comment.

It's better to admit your ignorance on the matter and move on, instead of trying to throw it back. I mean, lupi's post isn't even insulting. And your post does nothing to help your cause due to the further misinformation you posted.

Now you are making me think YOU don't know what you are talking about and didn't read. Look at the date on the article. Then look at the date of my post. Read what the article is actually about. I already admitted I didn't know about the HD remake -- which is true -- but has NOTHING to do with what the article is about. My thread title explicitly was my assumption of what the future outcome might be regarding the article, and I was incorrect about that because as I stated already, did not know, but doesn't change what the article is about. And yes, his post was insulting. It was condecending and borderline troll. Posted for no reason other than to be an ass. It wasn't a haha joke.

What makes you think I stay up all hours of the day looking for details on the subject that I would know? I saw an article POSTED THE DAY I POSTED THIS THREAD. But let's keep pretending you and Lupi read the article.The article says NOTHING about the HD remake, because that isn't what it is about. You'd know that if you'd read it before jumping to conclusions.

Per the norm around here a bunch of uptight, better than you, anonymous dweebs talking smack. Not even sure why I continue to come to this place. It isn't pleasant. Too many uptight know it alls with too much time on their hands. I have no issues with jokes, and having fun at peoples expense, but there's a difference between that and just being a douche to be a douche. You can just "not click" a thread, or "not post" if you don't care about it, but instead, people choose to do exactly that. Who is in the wrong here? It sure as h3ll isn't me. The nerve of some people.

TL;DR - that's right, you didn't read the article. Bolded as proof.

Last edited:

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
Man this back and forth is ridiculous. Sweenish & Lupi are too focused on the fact of whether or not there is an HD remake and when this was known. ImpulsE69 seems to have just wanted to post the cool story about a lucky dude, with the HD remake being completely secondary to his point (although clearly oblivious to the current state of an HD remake at the time, which has already been admitted - so why are we still harping?).

ImpulsE - your initial mistake was the thread title, your continued & bigger mistake is to continually reply to Sweenish & Lupi. You guys aren't focused on the same points, but this confusion was caused by your title. Can't the title of the thread just be fixed and we all just get along?

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Man this back and forth is ridiculous. Sweenish & Lupi are too focused on the fact of whether or not there is an HD remake and when this was known. ImpulsE69 seems to have just wanted to post the cool story about a lucky dude, with the HD remake being completely secondary to his point (although clearly oblivious to the current state of an HD remake at the time, which has already been admitted - so why are we still harping?).

ImpulsE - your initial mistake was the thread title, your continued & bigger mistake is to continually reply to Sweenish & Lupi. You guys aren't focused on the same points, but this confusion was caused by your title. Can't the title of the thread just be fixed and we all just get along?

Fixed.

Reactions: Tweak155

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
Now you are making me think YOU don't know what you are talking about and didn't read. Look at the date on the article. Then look at the date of my post. Read what the article is actually about. I already admitted I didn't know about the HD remake -- which is true -- but has NOTHING to do with what the article is about. My thread title explicitly was my assumption of what the future outcome might be regarding the article, and I was incorrect about that because as I stated already, did not know, but doesn't change what the article is about. And yes, his post was insulting. It was condecending and borderline troll. Posted for no reason other than to be an ass. It wasn't a haha joke.

What makes you think I stay up all hours of the day looking for details on the subject that I would know? I saw an article POSTED THE DAY I POSTED THIS THREAD. But let's keep pretending you and Lupi read the article.The article says NOTHING about the HD remake, because that isn't what it is about. You'd know that if you'd read it before jumping to conclusions.

Per the norm around here a bunch of uptight, better than you, anonymous dweebs talking smack. Not even sure why I continue to come to this place. It isn't pleasant. Too many uptight know it alls with too much time on their hands. I have no issues with jokes, and having fun at peoples expense, but there's a difference between that and just being a douche to be a douche. You can just "not click" a thread, or "not post" if you don't care about it, but instead, people choose to do exactly that. Who is in the wrong here? It sure as h3ll isn't me. The nerve of some people.

TL;DR - that's right, you didn't read the article. Bolded as proof.
YOUR SOURCE WAS SLOW TO REPORT. The sheer density of your posts after a joke post is insane.

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
i would have posted it all online for free. Best way to give back to the community @ large. Blizzard can get a copy of it too floating around.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
YOUR SOURCE WAS SLOW TO REPORT. The sheer density of your posts after a joke post is insane.
You seriously have nothing better to do or...? How is that his fault that the source was slow? It is the first he saw of the news (guess you should have posted it here first with all your up to date knowledge?) His statement is accurate that he re-posted it here the day it was posted on his source.