Starcraft II: Online stuttering/Lag

jayt101

Jun 16, 2011
I bought starcraft II maybe a little more than a month ago and everything was working great on maximum settings; both in single player and in multiplayer. I noticed that with the most recent update of starcraft, I get this massive stuttering/lag everytime i play online which happens every 10-15 seconds and lasts for 2-3 seconds. This youtube video shows exactly what problem I am having:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnQWFdbHFNg

I was wondering if anyone else has the same problem and if so, what you've done to correct this issue. Its been driving me insane lately. Again, this happens ONLY in multiplayer after the most recent update to battlenet. Singleplayer works great at max settings.

Here are my specs:

CPU: Core i5 2500k
GPU: XFX 6870 BE
Windows 7 up to date.
Disabled firewall, no anti-virus
D-link DIR-601 Router (don't know how to port forward..)

MustangSVT

Lifer
Oct 7, 2000
Since it ONLY happens in multiplayer, I would imagine it has something to do with network issue.

From the video, it seems more so like a network issue because of how smooth it is between the lags.

how is your network setup? are you on wireless?
What happens if you connect wired lan directly to modem?

s1njin

Apr 11, 2011
I was seeing this too for the first time ever a couple days ago. And its not my link - I can tell you that. FIOS 25/25. Benches at 29/25. It was happening to a buddy of mine on the same muliplayer game too. He's also got FIOS.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
May I direct you to Teamliquid? (Google it)

It's the biggest western SC community. They are on to everything, probably this issue too.

Seero

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2009
I sometimes experience that. When I do, people in the same game will scream "WHO IS LAGGING!!!" The lag rarely originated from my end. If this happens on every multi-player game you play, then it is the connection between your pc and the server hosting the game.

If that is a gaming PC, simply disable any firewalls and anti-virus and see if that is causing problems. If DMZ is available on the router, use that to check and see if it is the router setup. Once you zero down where the problem is, fix it, then re-enable securities. If problem still exists without firewall and anti-virus through DMZ, then it you will want to submit a tracert report and post it to your ISP and sc2 forum.

lsv

Golden Member
Dec 18, 2009
The game syncs all clients together, you only go as fast as the slowest person. So if someone's shit PC can't handle the loading of a new building or their connection stutters then everyone else in the game will also experience this slow down.

Try it out, setup a game with a friend and have him run a benchmark while you play you'll experience his slow downs by stutters and such while his client catches back up.

s1njin

Apr 11, 2011
The game syncs all clients together, you only go as fast as the slowest person. So if someone's shit PC can't handle the loading of a new building or their connection stutters then everyone else in the game will also experience this slow down.

Try it out, setup a game with a friend and have him run a benchmark while you play you'll experience his slow downs by stutters and such while his client catches back up.
Interesting .... thanks for the info !

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Rebello PC Games 1

ASK THE COMMUNITY