StarCraft II Expansions, Diablo III Coming in "Next Few Years"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coloumb

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I forgot about that. I have not logged into WoW for months now. I stopped playing cold turkey.

Does the login serve as a portal (maybe not the right word) to your server then?

Nope.

You have to enter your battlenet log in info in the WoW client. Battle.net is the central location to store your account information for Blizzard games. Luckily this also uses the authentication key which adds further protection against hackers. :)

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010
The Blizzard you knew doesn't exist anymore regardless of how much Activision wants to ride its good name and pretend it was a merge of equals. The buck stops with Activision's CEO, not Blizzard's top guy whoever he is now.

Activision isn't quite as bad as EA, but they are certainly trying to get there. They answer to Wall St. demands for profit every quarter. Look what happened to Infinity Ward, Diablo III's always-on DRM and auction house, etc.

There are very few large independent game developers anymore. Valve, Stardock (I'm being very charitable including them here), and... that's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

P.S. I could make a case for Epic as well. Can't think of that many others.

Last edited:

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
The Blizzard you knew doesn't exist anymore regardless of how much Activision wants to ride its good name and pretend it was a merge of equals. The buck stops with Activision's CEO, not Blizzard's top guy whoever he is now.

Activision isn't quite as bad as EA, but they are certainly trying to get there. They answer to Wall St. demands for profit every quarter. Look what happened to Infinity Ward, Diablo III's always-on DRM and auction house, etc.

There are very few large independent game developers anymore. Valve, Stardock (I'm being very charitable including them here), and... that's about all I can think of off the top of my head.

P.S. I could make a case for Epic as well. Can't think of that many others.

thread is 3 years old, bumped by a spammer, you lose :p

Status
Not open for further replies.