StarCraft II Expansions, Diablo III Coming in "Next Few Years"

Status
Not open for further replies.

HopJokey

Platinum Member
May 6, 2005
http://kotaku.com/5403098/starcraft-ii-expansions-diablo-iii-coming-in-next-few-years

Saw this on XS.org. Makes me :biggrin: and :mad:, then :'( :

500x_photo_3.jpg

Old thread revived by spammer.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

Udgnim

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2008
Blizzard can take their sweet time with anything

plenty of employees there should be set for life due to WoW

does the bottom line of the 2010 column say "China Online?"

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com

yes, id imagine that is in reference to getting WoW back up over there abd the base for other games, however China just said FU to wow like a week ago

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
i don't understand the dislike for bnet to be honest, its a container for everything blizz and it works great in its current for for wow+SC+diablo

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
I won't care about expansions for SC2 until the actual game comes out but Diablo 3 soonest is 2011 possibly longer??? Ugg it's not like they're busy working on other titles.

Phobic9

Golden Member
Apr 6, 2001
I love how Blizzard announces stuff that won't be out for eons. Guess Bobby Kotick knows something I don't.

Xellos2099

Platinum Member
Mar 8, 2005
Well iot is better than Alan Wake, which god know WHEN it will come out.

Last edited:

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
i don't understand the dislike for bnet to be honest, its a container for everything blizz and it works great in its current for for wow+SC+diablo

you could start with taking away what limited rights you have as a consumer.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Considering they take their sweet time to update a nearly decade-old game I can certainly image them taking six or seven years before releasing any "major" game. We should be used to that from them by now anyway, they're known to be so, like Valve, but at least Valve have the courtesy to not talk about Episode Three which might be under development at this very moment, on the other hands Blizzard always announce their games or even their "updates" one, two or three years before it's released, to help nourish the hype.

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
yes, id imagine that is in reference to getting WoW back up over there abd the base for other games, however China just said FU to wow like a week ago

Its more complicated than that. There are two competing regulating bodies in China who wants bribes from Blizzard. Blizzard apparently only bribed one of the bodies, and the other is mad cause it isn't getting any dough, so it is using its power to shut down wow. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at things, the Ministry that Blizzard paid off is fighting to keep wow in China.

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005

The people that think this is current news obviously never visit Blizzard forums and most likely do not read anything that goes on at Blizzcon. Blizzard has stated there were 2 releases next year. WoW: Cataclysm was one for sure (an expansion pack to Blizzard counts as a game) and Starcraft 2 was announced before Diablo 3 (if I recall correctly) and there are already videos of people testing SC2 in matches.

Blizzard just released the 4th out of 5 classes at Blizzcon for Diablo 3. They also stated that a lot of the world was not even done (past act 2) and still working on the beastiary for the game. Next year's Blizzcon should have more of a finished product for Diablo 3.

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005

This may have more to deal with Battlenet 2.0. They are supposed to be introducing a new online experience for their upcoming games and it is supposed to be a HUGE upgrade over what Battlenet is now.

With Blizzard being Blizzard, they never tell anything they don't want to.

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005

WoW has it's own dedicated servers that get routine maintenance once a week at scheduled times. It also has moderators that attend to problems when they come up in a "timely manner". You may have meant to say Warcraft + Diablo + Starcraft.

Oct 27, 2007
Blizzard staff could go and take a huge, steaming, broccoli-inspired dump in their fans' Cheerios and the idiots would still worship the sweaty T-shirts they program in.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
Anyone heard new news regarding whatever this next gen Blizz MMO is going to be? The last I heard was "new IP" but that's about it and it has been quite awhile since I read that.

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
Anyone heard new news regarding whatever this next gen Blizz MMO is going to be? The last I heard was "new IP" but that's about it and it has been quite awhile since I read that.

I have not heard anything about this. I limited myself to the Diablo, SC and WoW forums on Blizzard's site. I do know there is still one more expansion planned for WoW to come out after Cataclysm.

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
WoW has it's own dedicated servers that get routine maintenance once a week at scheduled times. It also has moderators that attend to problems when they come up in a "timely manner". You may have meant to say Warcraft + Diablo + Starcraft.

He probably meant the mandatory conversion to merge WoW accounts with Battle.net. Starting last week you can only login to WoW with your Battle.net login and password.

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
He probably meant the mandatory conversion to merge WoW accounts with Battle.net. Starting last week you can only login to WoW with your Battle.net login and password.

I forgot about that. I have not logged into WoW for months now. I stopped playing cold turkey.

Does the login serve as a portal (maybe not the right word) to your server then?

Status
Not open for further replies.