Starcraft 2 - Read Post #2 for a useful beginner guide

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tydas

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2000
question if anyone knows???they are selling the game tonight at gamestop will you be able to play or will you need to wait until 10am tomorrow? i read that download versions will have to wait until 10am but was not sure if that meant boxed version as well

Last edited:

nyker96

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2005
this is easily the gaming event of the ... centry? been waiting a long long time for this sequel. it's about time blizzard!

JackSpadesSI

Jan 13, 2009
To those who ordered from Amazon.com with release date delivery:

Have you gotten an email yet stating that your order has shipped?

Xed

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2003
Mail order for new releases and expecting it to be there on release day almost always ends in tears

I've gotten everything on release day (even from ebgames! when I used to buy from them) but it always comes at 8 pm or later because they all ship UPS.

Xed

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2003

Order Placed: April 11, 2010
Amazon.com order number: Magic Happy Number Here
Order Total: $79.99

Shipment #1: Shipping Soon

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

nanobreath

May 14, 2008

I just checked amazon and they have this:

This portion of your order is being prepared for shipment and cannot be canceled or changed.

Every time I've had release day shipping from amazon, it has always arrived that day by the time I get home from work. Even times when I order it the day before it arrives, they ship it out by next day delivery if it has release date shipping available. Since it is by UPS though don't expect it at 7am.

I prefer amazon simply because I do not have to go to the store to pick it up, it's waiting for me when I get home. If I were to take the day off to play the game, I would order it from b&m to get it as early as possible.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Yea mine says shipping soon - These items are being prepared for shipment, and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed.

JackSpadesSI

Jan 13, 2009
Whew! Mine is now "Shipping soon: This portion of your order is being prepared for shipment and cannot be canceled or changed."

I can't say I wasn't worried at all, but that does seem to be par for the course with Amazon.com's release day shipping. I remember for several other games I only got the email notice late (10pm) the night before delivery.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKlvNv2iQCo

IM SO EXCITED OMG LOL WAOW!

Cant wait to tear into the campaign, then tear into multiplayer, then tear into noobs and customs and its gonna be so awesome :awe::awe::awe::awe::awe::awe::awe::awe::awe::awe:

nice
This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Pandamonium

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2001
Are any of you with preorders out planning on playing it primarily on a laptop with a 4500 MHD IGP? I want to play the game, but the beta ran painfully slow for me. I'd hate to spend $70 on a game that I don't have the specs to play.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Are any of you with preorders out planning on playing it primarily on a laptop with a 4500 MHD IGP? I want to play the game, but the beta ran painfully slow for me. I'd hate to spend $70 on a game that I don't have the specs to play.

Then you should go out and spent however many dollars it takes on a new comp that this $70 game deserves to be played on. :)

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
It was playing fine on my laptop with an 8400M GS.. but I'll typically play on my desktop.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Standard edition shipped from Amazon.. still holding hope for the Collector's.. :\

im actually getting worried, it still says my preorder is "shipping soon" however you CAN NOT find the CE on amazon, it simply does not exist when you search for it or anything close to it

Xed

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2003
im actually getting worried, it still says my preorder is "shipping soon" however you CAN NOT find the CE on amazon, it simply does not exist when you search for it or anything close to it

Still shows up for me. Check your cc statement if it's charged it's shipping. I've never had a shipping soon item not ship.

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
This is the first game I decided to do a midnight opening for at Gamestop. Going to get that at like 11:30 as I already paid for the game in full so don't need to wait to pay. I also don't want to watch any of the new trailers to spoil anything for me. I've always ordered from Amazon but it won't come until later in the day.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Question for those of you that have done a midnight launch before. Do any of the stores sell the game before midnight? I figured a Walmart employee might not care and sell it an hour or two earlier. I really don't feel like being out till midnight.