Star Wars: Uncut - the Outsourced Edition

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by UberNeuman, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Northern Lawn

Northern Lawn Platinum Member

No, it's fucking retarded. It's only for people who have watched the original 50x and masturbate to pics of Princess Lea and/or Skywalker...and/or Chewbaca. A lot of weirdos in the star wars universe.

EDIT: No offense meant.

#51 Northern Lawn, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  2. dawp

dawp Diamond Member

so how long before Disney has this pulled?

3. cKGunslinger

cKGunslinger Lifer

:awe:

4. Arkaign

Arkaign Lifer

Wow you're grouchy :)

I don't agree at all with your assessment. It's a fun/silly/creative and mostly campy project, and I thought it was hilarious.

I'm about as far away from a Star Wars fan as possible as well. I don't think the first films were particularly good, and the last three were outright terrible. The best thing about SW for me were the old games, the SW Arcade orginal and X-Wing / Tie Fighter for PC :)

While this video is a bit much to take in one sitting, it is definitely not just for super fan types. If anything, people who would like it more than Star Wars fans would be those who enjoy the comedy value of improvised filmmaking, classic so-bad-theyre-good sci-fi B movies, Ed Wood style stuff, and so on.

I guess I'm not the biggest modern sci-fi fan though. I sort of hated Battlestar Galactica (new), all post-TNG Star Trek other than the new film, basically everything on the Sci-Fi channel, which is just bad, not hilarious/fun bad, but just plain terrible. I sort of enjoyed the few episodes of Stargate that I saw, but not enough to slog through it. Etc and so on.

As a matter of fact, the new Trek movie is a good example of the opposite of what you're describing. The die-hard old-school Trek people seemed to hate it, saying it wasn't really Star Trek, etc, whine, complain. The casual moviegoers and reviewers seemed to like it, particularly those who weren't even fans of Star Trek to begin with. I think hardcore Star Wars fans would probably be much more likely to dislike this irrevent open-source version if anything, compared to those of us who don't take it seriously at all.

5. Northern Lawn

Northern Lawn Platinum Member

But that guy said he never saw a star wars film, I told him (basically) it wouldn't be a good idea to start with that fan made video.

Star Wars A New Hope was just huge in 1977, I actually saw in the theatre.

I remember seeing people on the news saying that they have saw it 40-50 times, must have been in the theatre for 2 straight years, 2nd biggest box office smash of all time when adjusted for inflation.

EDIT: and the 1st place for biggest box office isn't Avatar (which I liked) like some think, it's actually Gone With the Wind. I never saw that movie, but perhaps I should try. It's gotta be half decent if it's number 1.

EDIT2: NO, i was wrong. Apparently Star Wars in number 3 and Avatar number 2 when adjusted for inflation and counting world wide.

#55 Northern Lawn, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012