Star Wars: The Force Awakens full trailer debut

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
its looking like im the only person who gives zero fucks about this

I'm in the same boat where I could give two flips about a new Star Wars movie but it is going to be huge and in your face everywhere.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
I actually thought it looked good, except the lens flare. :D Abrams just can't help himself, can he?

I don't think I'm going to like the main character (forgot the actor's name). Like someone says, he always looks out of breath and agitated.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
its looking like im the only person who gives zero fucks about this

My wife has never seen any Star Wars. She is currently making fun of people who are all about it, she gives zero fucks as well. And Pumpkin spice people, latte etc... her fav past time at the moment. Like the thread a few down from here.., Pumkin ice cream.

I will watch it, just because I enjoy them usually. Not going to go crazy about it. I am much more excited about the new Rocky movie, Creed. Actually looks good. But all these movies pull on heartstrings of peoples youth.

Sabrewings

Golden Member
Jun 27, 2015
I'll wait until it's on demand and watch it in the home theater. The wife and I are meh about Episodes 1-3, but we do enjoy 4-6 mostly out of nostalgia. We're willing to give this a try, though after what JJ did to Star Trek we have low expectations going in.

gururu2

Oct 14, 2007
I am very excited about this. I haven't had good sci-fi on the big screen in a long time, with big heroes and big villains and not just some natural force threatening the existence of earth or astronauts.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I can see the "in thing" to do is not give zero fucks about this movie.

I think the trailer looks pretty damn sweet. Looking forward to its release.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
Fandango and Movies.com were down last night because of preorders. I'm thinking of taking off work on thursday, December 17th and going to an afternoon showing...

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Oh my word. Just watched the trailer. IMMA SHIT MYSELF IN PLEASURE IN THE THEATER. Then bust a nut. Then poop again. Oh shat I am excited for this

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
B6ZDU6s.gif

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
I am soo looking forward to this. To you Hispter hating d-bags thinking its cool to not care I say FU! You know you want to see this!

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Saw Return of the Jedi in theatres in '83 at the age of 5 and still remember it. Will be taking my 4 and 7 year olds to this. MAJORLY GEEKED.

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
Hopefully there is a ton of space battles, that was the only interesting thing about Star Wars.

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
I am soo looking forward to this. To you Hispter hating d-bags thinking its cool to not care I say FU! You know you want to see this!

I mean I liked the original 3 star wars movies when I was a kid but the 3 new ones just sucked any life out of the franchise to the point where I just don't care about it anymore. I could understand people with kids wanting to bring them, it is going to be "Disneyfied" and should be wholesome family fun.

TXHokie

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 1999
I hate waiting in line and go to crowded movie theater but this is one movie I may have to break protocol just to take in the vibe. The last movie I waited in line a couple hours for was ROTJ back in high school and this is "the" SW movie that continue an unknown story line to pick up where that left off. It's really the one I've waited over 3 decades for someone to make - literally a life time since then with schools/career/family and what not.
The prequels was about stuffs we already know so I didn't care for it that much - same way I feel about Rogue One when it comes out since I already know what happened there too.

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003
I don't see how you can get any idea of the acting out of that short of a clip. I think it looks decent enough though. Abrams usually makes pretty decent movies, so I have faith.

Worthington

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2005
Just bought my tix. Got my seat assignments and everything. I'm cautiously very excited. If that makes any sense.

Sabrewings

Golden Member
Jun 27, 2015
I don't see how you can get any idea of the acting out of that short of a clip. I think it looks decent enough though. Abrams usually makes pretty decent movies, so I have faith.

He makes movies that perform well. Decent is another issue entirely. His most recent movies (Star Trek) did well in the box office, but that's because they appeal to the lowest common denominator. He essentially flipped the bird to the traditional fans of the lore. They were essentially money grab action films, and it showed.

His involvement does not make me hopeful for Star Wars. But, I wouldn't expect a Disney exec to understand why he shouldn't be the director.