Star Wars:Special Edition -- Stupid Lucas!

kgraeme

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2000
I was flipping channels and saw that Star Wars is on TBS. Watching for a bit, it turns out it's the stupid "Special Edition". Stupid Lucas. The scene with Jabba was almost worse than Jar Jar.

RGN

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2000

<< as bad as the ROTJ dance scene :Q :disgust: >>

Hey, I liked that!!!

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
Greedo fires blaster before Han and hits the wall way off... C'mon a bounty hunter is better then that crap ;)

Oct 16, 1999

<< Greedo fires blaster before Han and hits the wall way off... C'mon a bounty hunter is better then that crap ;) >>

I think the Special Edition would have been totally acceptible if it wasn't for that one change.

areohbe

Banned
Oct 14, 2001

<< Star Wars:Special Edition -- Stupid Lucas! >>

i thought the added and retooled visuals of the battle of yavin scenes were pretty nice

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999

<<

<< as bad as the ROTJ dance scene :Q :disgust: >>

Hey, I liked that!!!
>>

Yub Nub ;)

Cheers,
Aquaman

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001

<<

<< Greedo fires blaster before Han and hits the wall way off... C'mon a bounty hunter is better then that crap ;) >>

I think the Special Edition would have been totally acceptible if it wasn't for that one change.
>>

Han Solo fired first! (Lucas is a PC moron to change this :| )

I'm hanging on to my Star Wars THX laserdisc until there's a (non-HK) DVD that gets this right.

narzy

Elite Member
Feb 26, 2000
well atleast he didnt pull a speilberg and replace all the blasters with walkie talkie's...

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001

<< well atleast he didnt pull a speilberg and replace all the blasters with walkie talkie's... >>

Huh? Which movie was this?

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001

<<

<< well atleast he didnt pull a speilberg and replace all the blasters with walkie talkie's... >>

>>

for the revised version of ET (not out yet?) when the cops were chasing the kids

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001

<<

>>

ET. That's how it was in the re-release. The DVD is expected to have both versions.

Nefrodite

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
i thought he was going to go back yet again to redo some fx. that would be kewl.

i don't see the originals as something untouchable:p

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001

<< i thought he was going to go back yet again to redo some fx. that would be kewl.

i don't see the originals as something untouchable:p
>>

I read an article where he did mention something about doing more updates to the original trilogy.

Also I don't see the originals as untouchable either, they are George's movies after all.

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000
Most/several of the scenes in the Special Edition are actual scenes shot with the original actors...including the part with Jabba and that Greedo shot first.

I think it's really cool to see it.