Discussion Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic... REMAKE

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006

Guys... *Breathes into paper bag* Guys I have a tightness in my pants so... so...

*Thud*

Edit:

Ok now that I've regained consciousness, I would have been OK with a simple remaster of the OG game and would have been much happier with a proper KOTOR 3 (no not TOR) but this works, this works just fine.

Funny that it's exclusive to PS5 (and PC) when the original was exclusive to the OG Xbox. Ironic.

• Love
Reactions: DAPUNISHER

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
My friends back in the day wouldn't shut up about KOTOR to the point where I never wanted to play it myself after I got a PC. I own it on Steam for some reason, but I've never played it (despite being a huge Star Wars fan). Maybe if the remake is good I'll pick it up in a few years and try it out. I always heard good things about KOTOR but the incessant gushing over the game turned me off.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
My friends back in the day wouldn't shut up about KOTOR to the point where I never wanted to play it myself after I got a PC. I own it on Steam for some reason, but I've never played it (despite being a huge Star Wars fan). Maybe if the remake is good I'll pick it up in a few years and try it out. I always heard good things about KOTOR but the incessant gushing over the game turned me off.

-TBF, it was kinda a "you had to be there" kinda thing. Anyone going back and playing KOTOR now is gonna be severely disappointed.

I think it was the first, and remains one of the few, full fledged RPG Star Wars games (only other ones I can honestly think of are KOTOR 2 and TOR) made.

Combined with the fact that XBox was fighting an uphill battle with exclusives vs Sony, the game being developed by Bioware, and Bioware still being a relatively fresh company that hadn't ridden it's name and formula into the ground.

It was also the first "fully voiced" RPG where all lines aside from the players were voiced (major caveat being alien races of course spoke their native gibberish which was a lot of looped nonsense) as a more cinematic experience. Given it launched into Prequel Mania didn't hurt it either.

And lastly of course it was a legitimately good game with a great story and solid twist, knock off characters that gave people the warm and fuzzies and reminded them of the OT.

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I think they still hold up well, despite some clunky gameplay. The first game was very good but the second (with the content restoration mod) was the really standout game. I hope they restore that one too. Kreia and HK47 are the best SW characters ever, more than anything in the movies.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

ArenCordial

Sep 18, 2012
One of my favorite games of all times, but I'm trying to hold off some excitement until we see gameplay. I don't imagine they are going to keep the original combat system, probably opting for a more modern version. I think I read somewhere the guy who designed the Dragon Age Inquisition gameplay working for them on this. So yeah we will see.