Star Wars Episode 2 is awesome.

rT10

Aug 4, 2001
I gotta admit I'm not too big of a Star Wars fan before, in fact, I have only seen episode 5 and episode 2. I saw Episode 2 at 12:01am today at the Big Newport (biggest screen on the westcoast), and it's a great movie. A lot of good fighting scenes. The experience itself is just amazing. there were about 400 people there (maybe more), an amazing crowd of Star Wars fans. About 70 beach balls were flying around prior to the movie, creating a chaotic atmosphere of balls flying in the air. Peple were all dressed up in Star Wars costums. I have never seen anything like this before.

Any1 else saw the 12:01am showing? how was your experience ?

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
You thought we need ANOTHER thread on this? Check out the other dozen where many, including myself, discuss their 12:01 movie experience.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: GTaudiophile
You thought we need ANOTHER thread on this? Check out the other dozen where many, including myself, discuss their 12:01 movie experience.

didn't you know? rt10 is special, he always gets his own thread!

rT10

Aug 4, 2001
hahaha.. oops.. sorry guys .... too early in the morning ... and i'm too lazy to check :)

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Here's my review of the movie as sent to several friends who emailed me about it this morning.

Slow for about the first 1 and 15 minutes but it needed to be....lots of story development....lots of political stuff going on....after Obi Wan meets up with Jango Fett it starts to move a little more and the last 45 minutes are action packed....wait until you see Yoda kick ass....he comes walking into this scene and the whole theater started cheering.....Mace Windu gets to whip out the ol light saber and kick some ass as well....In fact all the Jedi do some ass kicking.....Anakin is a prick from the first words out of his mouth in this movie.....as it goes along you see more and more of his turn towards the dark side....I really liked the movie but people going in expecting to see action from the beginning are going to be disappointed. The only part of the movie that was cheesy are the love scenes....it's really necessary to the story and there isn't a ton of it but the romantic dialog is pretty corny. Just remember "I don't like sand, it's rough and course. Not like you, you're smooth." Puke! Go see it.....you'll like it.

BD231

Lifer
Feb 26, 2001
As far as story goes I have to say the movie really sucked compared to 4, 5 and 6. Star Wars has lost all of its emotion which is a real bumber to me. I thought Anakin(spelling) and Amadala(spelling) would maybe bring some of the feeling back into the movie this time....., boy was I wrong. What would have helped was some decent actors, two teen's are the base of the movie, I can't help be feel that Gorge was trying to appeal to the teen crowd on this one, all he want's is $$$$ it would seem. Sighhhh..., we'll never see a real Star Wars again.