Star Wars Battlefront 2 is free on PC

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Hard to argue with "free". I figure I'd have to add the game in my Origin client, I'll check it out sometime when I am between games or something.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Hard to argue with "free". I figure I'd have to add the game in my Origin client, I'll check it out sometime when I am between games or something.

yeah, this process is "fun": it's free through Epic, so you have to claim it through Epic client, which you then have to link to your Origin/EA account, to install within Origin.

(then obviously you're going to load your GoG Galaxy client, where you see all of your linked accounts, and play it through there!)

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
yeah, this process is "fun": it's free through Epic, so you have to claim it through Epic client, which you then have to link to your Origin/EA account, to install within Origin.

(then obviously you're going to load your GoG Galaxy client, where you see all of your linked accounts, and play it through there!)

-Guess even free is too much sometimes...

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
-Guess even free is too much sometimes...

It's just confusing...I stared atthe Origin store for like...15 minutes, which I hadn't logged into in ~2 or 3 years (so that was a process of digging up that account information), and wondering why every option was $20 or FREE--with EA account....so then I had to go back to this thread to confirm if that was explained...nope, then I noticed that buried in the OP's article...really, like 2 paragraphs in, surrounded by all those ads and information-distracting internet garbage that generally makes it impossible for me to learn anything from the internet, you see: "Epic game store."

Oh...

So then I got to load Epic, been about 5 months, so have to look up that login. OK, easy get. Get it. ....confirm through Origin! Link Account! ....so I have to dig up my password text file again, lol, log back into origin.

My problems are great!

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi
Feb 4, 2009
It's just confusing...I stared atthe Origin store for like...15 minutes, which I hadn't logged into in ~2 or 3 years (so that was a process of digging up that account information), and wondering why every option was $20 or FREE--with EA account....so then I had to go back to this thread to confirm if that was explained...nope, then I noticed that buried in the OP's article...really, like 2 paragraphs in, surrounded by all those ads and information-distracting internet garbage that generally makes it impossible for me to learn anything from the internet, you see: "Epic game store."

Oh...

So then I got to load Epic, been about 5 months, so have to look up that login. OK, easy get. Get it. ....confirm through Origin! Link Account! ....so I have to dig up my password text file again, lol, log back into origin.

My problems are great!

Thanks for posting this, I will be going into get it soon.
Any ATers wanna group up and shoot people?

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
I claimed it, was going to install, saw 90gb install size, noped out of that. No thank you.

• Haha

CP5670

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2004
I got this for $5 at one point. It's more multiplayer focused but the SP campaign is fun at that price.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
That said I have a bunch of free games from Epic that all I had to do was add to cart and check out.

Anyone know if they ever added forums to their client?
Not afaik...I had it installed until just a month or two ago.
I agree...I got a number of free titles including older AAA games through Epic. They have a new free offering every few weeks or more often, during xmas week they had a new giveaway game every day.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
Not afaik...I had it installed until just a month or two ago.
I agree...I got a number of free titles including older AAA games through Epic. They have a new free offering every few weeks or more often, during xmas week they had a new giveaway game every day.

Dang, I missed the xmas stuff. Some of their free stuff is AAA worthy. It's also given me a chance to play games I normally wouldn't touch like Farming Simulator.

It's a bit older now, but a solid 4x game, Galactic Civilizations III is now free on Epic:

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Dang, I missed the xmas stuff. Some of their free stuff is AAA worthy. It's also given me a chance to play games I normally wouldn't touch like Farming Simulator.

It's a bit older now, but a solid 4x game, Galactic Civilizations III is now free on Epic:

They have a new free game every Thursday and each is available to grab for a week. During the last two holidays they've gave away a game daily for about two weeks. I have 191 free games from epic at this point and only missed 1 or 2 since they started the giveaways.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
They have a new free game every Thursday and each is available to grab for a week. During the last two holidays they've gave away a game daily for about two weeks. I have 191 free games from epic at this point and only missed 1 or 2 since they started the giveaways.

That’s good to know. I thought it was just random. Haha would be awesome if they did early access games :)

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Yeah I was getting the free Epic holiday games then this... was just one too many hoops to jump through.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
I tried to get into Battlefront 2. Initial impression, I was quite impressed with the environments and sound design, the Scarif environment in particular...you truly feel like you are in Rogue One.

The balancing is horrendous. You end up matching against tryhards who level grind into the hero characters and then run around the levels just cutting through everyone else. I suppose that is true to the movies, but the cycle of die - spawn - die - spawn - die - game over isn’t very fun.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I tried to get into Battlefront 2. Initial impression, I was quite impressed with the environments and sound design, the Scarif environment in particular...you truly feel like you are in Rogue One.

The balancing is horrendous. You end up matching against tryhards who level grind into the hero characters and then run around the levels just cutting through everyone else. I suppose that is true to the movies, but the cycle of die - spawn - die - spawn - die - game over isn’t very fun.

-Not sure if the game has any asymmetric modes, but that whole thing sounds ripe for 1 Vader vs a squad of 16 punk ass rebel soldiers game modes.