Star Trek 46th Anniversary

thespyder

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2006
Anyone check out the Google Star Trek Flash yet? I got a really good laugh.

Which got me to thinking. I know YEARS ago there was a Star Trek Original series PC Game (or two?). Has there been anything recent? that would run on a Win7 platform?

Just curious. I am in a Star Trek: TOS mood. And although I enjoyed the reboot quite a bit, it just isn't the same as Shatner and Nemoy and Kelly and Dohan, now is it?

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Nothing recent, and "Star Trek 25th Anniversary" is now 21 years old (!!)

Star Trek Online is fun and free, but it's 99% in the post-TNG universe except for two time travel episodes.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
It's a shame that Secret of Vulcan Fury was never finished by Interplay, as it was the last project that all of the TOS cast provided voice work for...

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Something pretty neat: I had a hard to find book that claimed to be plot outlines for the 4th season of Star Trek Roddeberry was going to do.

It was plausible - they were reasonable Star Trek episodes.

Unfortunately I misplaced it.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Something pretty neat: I had a hard to find book that claimed to be plot outlines for the 4th season of Star Trek Roddeberry was going to do.

It was plausible - they were reasonable Star Trek episodes.

Unfortunately I misplaced it.

It probably wasn't this book A Brief Guide to Star Trek - but does have a chapter that details the story pitches and various ideas that ended up being rejected for various reasons or ended up in ST:TNG...

Been a long time fan, but I was surprised to read that Shatner pitched an idea for an episode...

Last edited:

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Been a long time fan, but I was surprised to read that Shatner pitched an idea for an episode...

I think he wrote and directed a few episodes? I know he directed and produced Star Trek 5 . . . but thats not exactly a glowing testament. :p

And Jeebus, Star Trek 25th Anniversary is 21 years old!? I remember buying that game when it first game out. And spending hours trying to free up enough conventional memory to get it to run. :(

thespyder

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2006
Yeah, Shatner even wrote ( or had written) several books. About Kirk, of course.

and yeah, I played the 25th and the follow up. Thought it was great that Harcort Fenton Mudd made it into one of the stories. And Trelaine.

wuliheron

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2011
There are a ton of Star Trek video games, but they almost universally suck. Star Trek: Elite Force 1 & 2 were there best and really pretty good. Elite Force 2 was released in 2003 so the graphics are a bit dated, but there is a patch for windows 7.

tommo123

Platinum Member
Sep 25, 2005
There are a ton of Star Trek video games, but they almost universally suck. Star Trek: Elite Force 1 & 2 were there best and really pretty good. Elite Force 2 was released in 2003 so the graphics are a bit dated, but there is a patch for windows 7.

ooh thanks! i still have these games (unearthed them a few weeks ago). wanna play these again but my 1 disc has a scratch.

wonder if it's on steam

thespyder

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2006

I played Elite Forces a while back. Not quite what I was looking for. Good game (if a bit dated by todays standards). But also not classic Trek. It's Voyager if I recall.

Red Hawk

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2011
Bridge Commander, Armada 1 & 2, and Starfleet Command were the best Star Trek games I played. But yeah, it's been forever since a decent Star Trek game came out (haven't tried STO yet and don't know if I ever will).

wuliheron

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2011
I played Elite Forces a while back. Not quite what I was looking for. Good game (if a bit dated by todays standards). But also not classic Trek. It's Voyager if I recall.

Yeah, it's Voyager and has more in common with the new Movies than the old series. A pretty straightforward corridor shooter, but a really popular one. Raven software seems to have a talent for turning already established franchises into decent if simple new games. It's as if they have the technical expertise and just need the artistic input.

Feb 4, 2009
ooh thanks! i still have these games (unearthed them a few weeks ago). wanna play these again but my 1 disc has a scratch.

wonder if it's on steam

I know I'll get crap for this but since you already own it I see nothing morally wrong in torrenting it.
There I said it.