Star television said a family of eight, including two children, was locked inside their car and burned alive overnight.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jokeram

Golden Member
May 9, 2001

<< who's blaming all of india? the indian defense minister is blaming pakistan for this.

this is an indian problem... it happened within the borders of india and it's happening all across india... what the indian defense minister did is pathetic... it indicates weak leadership. dunno what sort of goverment model you follow... but it's a government's responsiblity to handle a sittuation before it becomes a bigger problem. to india's credit... at least they got part of their act together.

lemme recap what I said:

<< what the hell is this BS... get off of Paksitan's back... india seems to blame EVERYTHING on paksitan... they need to take friggin responsiblity for getting their OWN house in order and not pushing the blame elsewhere. >>

I am saying that the indian defense minster is an idiot to blame pakistan's ISI. which is a governmental and NOT a religious orginization. where do you see me mention the word hindu or muslim in that remark? do you have an information processing problem?
>>

Hate to get involved in this childish cr@p BUT when you call the defense minister an Idiot, that is going one ahead of yourself. It is obvious so you do not know the history of ISI. I do not know and will not comment on the current status of ISI but I do know first hand what it used to be. Yes, it was and will always be a governmental organization (military or not), but what were (are) they involved in?

For your information the latest information is that the Indian opposition govt. is blaming it on the govt.

Jokeram

Golden Member
May 9, 2001
Here you go.. some background information on ISI

a few exerpts for those of you who are too lazy to go check it out...

Drug money is used by ISI to finance not only the Afghanistan war, but also the proxy war against India in Punjab and Kashmir.

The directorate's importance derives from the fact that the agency is charged with managing covert operations outside of Pakistan -- whether in Afghanistan, Kashmir, or farther afield. The ISI supplies weapons, training, advice and planning assistance to terrorists in Punjab and Kashmir, as well as the separatist movements in the Northeast frontier areas of India.

The ISI continued to actively participate in Afghan Civil War, supporting the Talibaan in their fight against the Rabbani government.

ISI has been engaged in covertly supporting the Kashmiri Mujahideen in their fight against the Indian authorities in Kashmir.

ISI was said to have intensified its activities in the southern Indian States of Hyderabad, Bangalore, Cochin, Kojhikode, Bhatkal, and Gulbarga. In Andhra Pradesh the Ittehadul Musalmeen and the Hijbul Mujahideen are claimed to be involved in subversive activities promoted by ISI. And Koyalapattinam, a village in Tamil Nadu, was said to be the common center of operations of ISI and the Liberation Tigers.

Jokeram

Golden Member
May 9, 2001
This is a link with a lot of info on ISI's involvement in government and religion around the world

just a few quotes:

If Pakistan can support America to eliminate terrorism from Afghanistan, then why can?t help to eliminate terrorism in Kashmir? Terrorist species is the same.

There is same network of Islamic terrorists, same jihadi formulas and same ISI. Yes, this is just because of the ISI that Pakistan can?t help in eradication of terrorism from Kashmir. ISI and Pakistan Army were not willing to demolish the self-created barrier, Taliban Government but there was no choice.

Here is another question, why ISI and Pakistan Army did all this. The answer is very simple, Religion. Pakistan Army?s structure is based on the religion. Pakistan Army is supposed to spread the spirit of Jihad, wherever is possible. They love to do Jihad with their own Muslim Brethrens.

SmackdownHotel

Golden Member
May 19, 2000

<< we are evolving into idiots

Yeah but that assumes were weren't idiots to begin with :D

*eats banana*

Cheers ! :)
>>

True, true.

chrisjor

Golden Member
Dec 4, 2001
I do not believe we were idiots in our more "primal" state. All we wanted was to eat and have sex, how could that be wrong?:D (we evolved so that we could develop alcohol, then something went terribly wrong....I am sober, horny, and hungry!!!!)

xyyz

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2000

<< Oh you are here. then please get the damn f out of this country. U PEICE OF PAKISTANI COWDUNG get your facts straight...which world are you living in.......recently USAtoday did the poll, it came on every major american news paper.......and you dont know anything abt the 90% stat... >>

listen stupid F-... why don't you support your statement? what friggin quote are you talking about? please post a link you inbred vhj jackass f-er.

lend some credence to your argument ya prick.

<< the musharaff thing CAME ON EVERY MAJOR Newspaper in this world...the indian defense minister thing was mentioned only on dawn..what the heck were u doing on that biased lying site....this wasnt by the indian media..where as the peice i published is there only on the thrid grade countries newspaper whose patron you are. >>

how about this you stupid jackass? so you gonna shut the F- up now? there you have the proof you need from a thrid party RELIABLE source?

"But he has also said he suspected the work of a 'foreign hand' in the train attack which sparked the violence."
bbc news link

<< you are the stupid jackass ....i will refuse to slander your religion...but u r obviously a biased idiot... >>

why would you even bring this up? who's slandering religion asshole?

<< yeah the problem came when hindus refused to pay up the muslim vendors...and why????? because the muslim guy hiked the price a few fold because the hindus were there. >>

oh and you know this how? you been reading those indian periodicals... or did you pull it from your ass?

<< India takes great care of its muslims you idiot who spreads sh!t abt india....unlike pakistan where the minortities are almost wiped out...india is a secular country pakistan an islamic state.... >>

you are sooo full of S-... ya dumb ass bitch... EDUCATE yourself in this matter before talking S-. take a look at these... and please tell me if you need more you moron.

"But the Muslim community says their arrival after rioting flared on Thursday was anything but rapid."bbc link
"The central government has been strongly criticised for not sending in the army sooner to help bring the violence under control."bbc link
"'The Vishwa Hindu Parishad has threatened that the Ram temple will be built even if it leads to riots all over the country. In a provocative statement, the Vishwa Hindu Parishad has threatened to start communal riots in order to terrify the Muslims.'"bbc link
"'We were trying our best to stop the looting and save our children from these mobs and then the police surrounded the entire Muslim locality and shot indiscriminately at us,'" he said...
There is a picture in one of the city's newspapers - a lone Muslim man smeared in blood pleading for his life with folded hands. The man did not live to see whether peace would ever return to Gujarat."bbc link
"Police, who have been given orders to shoot rioters on sight, have also been widely criticised for opting at times to stand back and not interfere with the mobs."bbc link
"At the Manchaji mosque, two cane-toting police officers in pressed khaki uniforms stood atop a half-demolished brick wall, observing the destruction with approving nods. On the street, other officers kept passersby away from the site but did not intervene when several young men threatened to pelt two journalists with bricks as they tried to enter." Washington Post link

get a load of this one... said by a member of the WHC which is an offshoot of the ruling BHP.

"According to Mr. Bhatt, a firebrand leader of the fundamentalist World Hindu Council, killing hundreds of innocent Muslims in the past five days of rioting was necessary. All Muslims had to be taught a lesson after a Muslim mob burned a train loaded with the council's members, immolating 58 people.

Mr. Bhatt's words cannot be dismissed as empty threats. The council's workers are widely thought to have helped instigate the riots that have killed more than 500 people, mostly Muslims, since Thursday ? though council leaders deny it.

The council is part of the same Hindu nationalist family as the Bharatiya Janata Party, which rules this state, Uttar Pradesh, and heads the national governing coalition. Despite calls from Muslim and secular political leaders to ban the council and arrest its leaders, senior party leaders have tried in the last few days to strike a behind-the-scenes bargain with the council ? so far without success.
"
NY Times link

<< you are the one with ignorant bastard uncles who are ugly mullahs and stupid hate mongers....need i go on.... >>

i dunno where you came up with this stupid remark? when did I attack hindus? i never did such a thing... why did I preach hatred you stupid F-? i think right now you are full of hatred... and you're full of ignorance... you feel the need to say something just for the sake of saying it. stop making S- up ... you're making yourself appear to be a total asshole.

please... before you flap your ass in a response.... do your friggin homework... and present at least ONE quotation from a reputable souce to support your pathetic argument you bastard.

xyyz

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2000
jokerman... I can totally respect you for what you've done... you've given me something to refer to... i'll give it a read later tonite...

xyyz

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2000

<< This is a link with a lot of info on ISI's involvement in government and religion around the world

just a few quotes:

If Pakistan can support America to eliminate terrorism from Afghanistan, then why can?t help to eliminate terrorism in Kashmir? Terrorist species is the same.

There is same network of Islamic terrorists, same jihadi formulas and same ISI. Yes, this is just because of the ISI that Pakistan can?t help in eradication of terrorism from Kashmir. ISI and Pakistan Army were not willing to demolish the self-created barrier, Taliban Government but there was no choice.

Here is another question, why ISI and Pakistan Army did all this. The answer is very simple, Religion. Pakistan Army?s structure is based on the religion. Pakistan Army is supposed to spread the spirit of Jihad, wherever is possible. They love to do Jihad with their own Muslim Brethrens.

>>

not to crap on this one... but this isn't eactly from a reliable source you know... i can't exactly hold this to be truth.

Cosmickarma

Banned
Feb 26, 2002
<< << you are the one with ignorant bastard uncles who are ugly mullahs and stupid hate mongers....need i go on.... >> >>

u deny saying this..what a lying SOB..and dont abuse me you un-educated b@stard born from pigs living in a sewer.....you are the guy desperate to spread cr@pp abt hindus. look at your stupid medeival islamic post and takea conclusion...i will not carry this conversation with a useless lowlife b@stard like you who is a muslim.

xyyz

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2000

<< << << you are the one with ignorant bastard uncles who are ugly mullahs and stupid hate mongers....need i go on.... >> >>

u deny saying this..what a lying SOB..and dont abuse me you un-educated b@stard born from pigs living in a sewer.....you are the guy desperate to spread cr@pp abt hindus. look at your stupid medeival islamic post and takea conclusion...i will not carry this conversation with a useless lowlife b@stard like you who is a muslim.
>>

first of all you stupid S- .... I don't know where you lost your insanity.

you said that to ME.

let's recap shall we? i'm muslim you're hindu. why the hell would I call your uncles mullahs?

i think it's time for you to go away.

i mean you went over the line... calling me what you did just now... i might vent... but I refuse to stoop to your level.

xyyz

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2000

<< << << you are the one with ignorant bastard uncles who are ugly mullahs and stupid hate mongers....need i go on.... >> >>

>>

i'm lockin this comment in for prosperity... i think it's in need of some mod review...

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001

Wow, that's pretty colorful.

People... Do you all remember the line "tho shalt not kill"? I am sure it is somehere in all relgions.

Can we please have a meaningful discusion instead of bashing each other? I don't care what religion you are, please STFU if you have nothing useful to say.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000

>>

Not to act like a total ass but I'm LMAO'ing at this one.

"Ignorant bastard uncles who are ugly mullahs." For those of you who don't know, mullahs are Islamic preachers. In some woefully uneducated parts of Pakistan, these mullahs open mosques and 'schools' and are pretty well known for anti-West and -Indian rhetoric. Incredibly enough the most pro-Western government in a long time in Pakistan headed by Pres. Musharrif is working hard at closing down as many of these as possible.

Um, so why exactly would xyyz, a Muslim be calling YOU, a Hindu (or at least an Indian) that particular insult? xyyz might get a little hot under the collar but at least he makes sense...
rolleye.gif

oLLie

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2001

<< Uh... Cosmickarma, are you like.. 12? >>

Hey watch out man, didn't you see the post with the 4 year old holding an AK? :Q;)

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Regarding: http://www.faithfreedom.org/pakistan_alone.htm

Okay, let's lay it on the line folks.

Full disclosure: I'm a Canadian whose parents immigrated legally over from Pakistan 25+ years ago. I'm agnostic but know my culture and religion, and have an English-translation copy of the Koran on my bookshelf behind me right now. Pakistan and India are pretty distant places to me but I've been to both extensively.

That said? That link is a load. You can make any text look bad by nitpicking at it so let me try to be fairly gentle:

Musharaf Government is repeatedly denying the involvement of Pakistan in any terrorism. Wajpai Government is taking it just another denial type of statement. But facts are clear. If Pakistan can support America to eliminate terrorism from Afghanistan, then why can?t help to eliminate terrorism in Kashmir?

Musharraf and his people know he's barely escaped the firing squad that we call NATO because he's making as many efforts as his civilian population will let him make. He sure as hell isn't thinking about starting any new trouble when his own land is messed up as is! People tend not to think of anything outside their borders are times like these. It's that simple.

There are still groups in Pakistan Army who are not happy with the killing of Taliban Government.

True. I have no real experience with the armed militia of any country but it's probably safe to say especially over there, members of the army are usually not the super-duper-brightest thinkers. "Groups" is vague enough.

The next six paragraphs or so talk about other countries being annoyed with Pakistan and have little to do with anything. The likely reason for any annoyance probably stems from Pakistan's acceptance of U.S. assets onto their territory.

They did Jihad with the massacre of Muslim Bengalis, Muslim Afghans and within the country with shias and Christians. Pakistan Army was doing this since the birth of Pakistan, and then Pak Army got opportunity to do Jihad with Russia with the blessing of America. During this Jihad, Pak Army realized that they must create Fanatic state for their worldwide activities.

What? :p

Last three paragraphs are more really badly explained away ideas of why Pakistan's "in for it." Personally speaking, dictatorship and all this is the one time I've held out hope for the country!

Edit: For typos.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
dude I'm laughin my ass off here too. You guys are very childish. XYZ I am starting to get fed up with your Anti-Hindu/India threads that you are creating at an increasing rate here on OT. Nobody cares, really nobody cares, there is no point for you to make the thread other than to get into fights with other members. Look at half of your threads regarding Pakistan/India/Muslims, all of them turn into verbal fistfights with other members where you end up trying to defend Muslims across the world and the actions of Pakistan. I really didn't want to get into this argument but i can't stay quiet anymore. Every Islamic country in the world is essentially "backwards". Technologically, Educationally, and Politically they are inferior to modern nations. The Islamic leaders are holding their people and their countries back with these ridiculous strict Islamic codes that suppress women and unbiased news. You cannot defend Pakistan anymore than I could defend India, both countries are wrong and no side is correct. Killing, no matter if it is a Hindu or a Muslim, is wrong. I will say this though, if you look at the majority of conflicts today, they are involving ISLAMIC countries and Muslim people. Islam as a religion is Peaceful, but the Islamic leaders and governments are not.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
I don't get it either...sad really, but i just don't understand how they feel as i've never been there to see what it's like....

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
The thing is these people have nothing else to live for other than fighting. Their lives are so meaningless that all they know is hatred and violence.
It's sad what poverty can do to people.

xyyz

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2000

<< dude I'm laughin my ass off here too. You guys are very childish. XYZ I am starting to get fed up with your Anti-Hindu/India threads that you are creating at an increasing rate here on OT. Nobody cares, really nobody cares, there is no point for you to make the thread other than to get into fights with other members. Look at half of your threads regarding Pakistan/India/Muslims, all of them turn into verbal fistfights with other members where you end up trying to defend Muslims across the world and the actions of Pakistan. I really didn't want to get into this argument but i can't stay quiet anymore. Every Islamic country in the world is essentially "backwards". Technologically, Educationally, and Politically they are inferior to modern nations. The Islamic leaders are holding their people and their countries back with these ridiculous strict Islamic codes that suppress women and unbiased news. You cannot defend Pakistan anymore than I could defend India, both countries are wrong and no side is correct. Killing, no matter if it is a Hindu or a Muslim, is wrong. I will say this though, if you look at the majority of conflicts today, they are involving ISLAMIC countries and Muslim people. Islam as a religion is Peaceful, but the Islamic leaders and governments are not. >>

first of all... I need to correct you.

I never defended the governments in Islamic countries. let me be clear that I do not at all support their system of rule. I have condemned the Saudi Government time and time again for being brutal and oppressive.... apparently you choose to ignore those remarks displaying that you are selective in what you do.

the only thing I did with Islam was defend it... I tried to make people understand what certain quotations meant... you yourself have just said that Islam as a religion is peaceful... I was trying to prove the same point.

as for my threads about India and it's Muslims... I am merely pasting what I read on the NY Times website. I did not write any of that on my own.

if you don't have the desire to read... then it's your perogative to ignore the article. noone is forcing anything upon you.

I made two remarks about paksitan... I said

1. it is wrong for the indian defense minister to immediately blame pakistan for what happened to the train
2. india should have done what pakistan did with it's hindu minority, in IMMEDIATELY providing a security blanket over the country's religious minority.

I pointed out reports in the Washington Post, BBC News and NY Times that clearly STATED that the indian security forces were doing nothing to prevent the slaughter of muslims.

tell me... what was wrong in doing this?

Now it you'll excuse me... I need to call my best friend of 6 years who happens to be HINDU so see how they are feeling... followed by a call to the gurl I'm going out with... who is also HINDU.

dunno why you people think i'm a hindu hater....

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
i could care less what you are. Just STFU with these annoying threads. Quit wasting bandwith, if i want to know what's going on in the world i'll tune into CNN or read a newspaper. I don't need your biased BS opinion.