Star Citizen: Chris Robert`s new space sim (the Wing Commander guy)

Page 98 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
jstorm why don't you just sell your $30 account? I'm pretty sure it would be an easy sale.

Its worth something? What do I need to do?

• ¤19,000 UEC
  • REC ¤5,000 REC
thats what I have

• Original and Veteran Backers Reward

Attributed
    Created: June 27, 2013
    Contains: 3 items

• Scout - LTI

Attributed
    Created: October 17, 2012
    Contains: Aurora MR and 7 items

and the towel and other random horrible things I dont even know why people are so dumb.

Last edited:

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
(I highly suspect investigation mission or 3 to non-communicative output/station/ship and/or repelling boarding action on similar said objects), all of which is based on the same underlying mechanics of the FPS module (minus networking, but networking is only just one part of the mechanics, it is the whole modified API, object/model information, model skeletons/animations, etc., all of which are being created in/for the FPS module).

And some of those FPS missions will be in a zero-g environment so the animations and physics are much different than in an environment with gravity.

To me, that's where CIG went off course. Build a basic FPS module. In gravity. Enhance the "usual" FPS game mechanics. A few guns. One or two glorious/beautiful map. And that's your start and test bed.

But no, they had to throw in zero-g and this crazy looking sata ball game.......just seemed way too ambitious to start with. Those should have been worked on/added later.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
ok man. How many years will you give croberts before you start to question?
Don't let him fool you guys, he gives unquestioned loyalty to entities that don't deliver in P&N all the time.

Shouldn't you be off to Elite Yawngerous?

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Don't let him fool you guys, he gives unquestioned loyalty to entities that don't deliver in P&N all the time.

Shouldn't you be off to Elite Yawngerous?

:eek:

tlVQxeS.png

tick tock

here is theslamma's political view points list. He is a moderate:

cgm3ElL.png

Last edited:

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003

tlVQxeS.png

tick tock

This is going to freeze the kickstarter revenue, and RSI is going to run through its cash before an actual game is put out. I think RSI is going to implode into a bundle of lawsuits sometime in 2016.

Last edited:

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005

tlVQxeS.png

tick tock

here is theslamma's political view points list. He is a moderate:

cgm3ElL.png
Still mad you are not in control of the chess pieces I see. and no amount of education will make you understand what a moderate is

Last edited:

SLU Aequitas

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2007
Derek Smart, the ignorant failure that he is, continues doing the ONLY thing he's capable of. That lowly redactedis despised for a reason, this is just another example.

Last edited by a moderator:

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Croberts, the ignorant failure that he is, continues doing the ONLY thing he's capable of. That lowly redactedis despised for a reason, this is just another example.

fixed for the future you in 5 years ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
"Let me be blunt. What has now been set in motion FOLLOWING MY ARTICLE (emphasis added) cannot be stopped."

I'm guessing Mr. Smart has never heard of a cease and desist order....

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
"Let me be blunt. What has now been set in motion FOLLOWING MY ARTICLE (emphasis added) cannot be stopped."

I'm guessing Mr. Smart has never heard of a cease and desist order....

He brings up many valid points and every thing he is writing has had the once over by his legal council.

there were 4 more pages to that post but I didnt post them here.

the unknown

Dec 22, 2007
Wow, I gotta say both parties have handled this really poorly so far. Derek Smart just comes off as a bitter ass with a chip on his shoulder. But that RSI post really deflected poorly there. "We're being persecuted because were progressive, pro-gun, mostly male, and pro-capitalist." I mean I hate to use this term, but that's really "neckbeard atheist" kind of argument. It seems to me they're being sued because they didn't deliver their product on time and it's some form of breach of contract, not "someone's out to us."

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Wow, I gotta say both parties have handled this really poorly so far. Derek Smart just comes off as a bitter ass with a chip on his shoulder. But that RSI post really deflected poorly there. "We're being persecuted because were progressive, pro-gun, mostly male, and pro-capitalist." I mean I hate to use this term, but that's really "neckbeard atheist" kind of argument. It seems to me they're being sued because they didn't deliver their product on time and it's some form of breach of contract, not "someone's out to us."

to be clear that was just a crazy follower. But it shows how far down the rabbit hole the supporters have gone.

I mean you got this nutter in the verse as well:

XumjSuS.jpg

SLU Aequitas

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2007
to be clear that was just a crazy follower. But it shows how far down the rabbit hole the supporters have gone.

I mean you got this nutter in the verse as well:<snip>

Right, because everyone who backed falls into those categories :rolleyes:

I mean, I'm not sitting here calling you Derek, am I? There are those with legitimate gripes surrounding the project, and I think a lot of us agree the project isn't perfect, but neither are we all reenacting Chicken Little :lol:

And Smart is still a disgusting piece of sub-human filth, regardless of whether SC pans out. He writes, talks, and turns out shit, and that's all he'll ever do, and that's what he'll take to the grave with him.

Feb 4, 2009
I say lets let the courts figure it out and get back to talking about the GAME.
JStorm you have valid points and I am sure you could sell your account to recoup your initial investment with minimal effort.

SLU Aequitas

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2007
I think the unknown may have thought that was a official response from croberts crew so I wanted to clarify it wasnt. I'll be as fair about atleast.

See that now, thanks. That post still looks like an all out troll, but then again, this is the internet where there's all sorts of crazy.

I say lets let the courts figure it out and get back to talking about the GAME.
JStorm you have valid points and I am sure you could sell your account to recoup your initial investment with minimal effort.

Should make a profit on it.

kn51

Aug 16, 2012
Everyone wants this to succeed. Unfortunately it appears the artists/designers are writing checks that software engineering can't cash.

In a couple months when (if) FPS comes out will be the watershed moment because they have pinned every conceivable issue with the delay on netcode issues. All their teams are working in parallel and according to them the FPS mechanics are the foundation for everything else. So the other modules should start flowing out quite quickly according to everything they have said.

If not, well then you know how it will go.

nsafreak

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2001
See that now, thanks. That post still looks like an all out troll, but then again, this is the internet where there's all sorts of crazy.

Should make a profit on it.
I would imagine he could very easily make a profit as they've made cross chassis upgrades while keeping LTI quite easy.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
It seems to me they're being sued because they didn't deliver their product on time and it's some form of breach of contract, not "someone's out to us."

1) No one has been sued. Mr. Smart threatens and alludes to litigation, but those are just words in a blog. I had a threesome with Taylor Swift and Katy Perry last night. Those are just words in a blog too.

2) CIG couldn't be sued for not delivering a product on time because they've never promised a firm delivery date for a product. They've given projects (and regularly failed to meet them, but that's software development).

3) There is no contract to breach. Well, not in a traditional sense. Backers have provided pledges to help fund the building of a game (actually two games).