Staples sucks (Rant)

HiTek21

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2002
I found a Sony Clie SJ22/U from frys for $179 and I wanted to Pricematch it to staples, so I called the store up and asked the CSR if I could price match it for 110% of the difference and he goes yes you can just bring in a reciept or ad. So I got a print out from Frys and went down to staples and I talk to the manager and he goes yeah we'll price match it and it came out to $194 and I told him that wasn't 110% because it should of came out to around $175 and he tells me we'll only give you 110% of the difference if you buy it from us and then bring in a lower price.

I asked him whats the difference if I bring in the reciept first and me buying the Clie first and then bringing the reciept in and he starts to tell me oh its only a few bucks off so who cares anyways and he walks away with my reciept from frys and disappears. I asked another CSR to get him back so I can get the reciept back and they never came back.

Thats the last time I shop at staples for anything.

HiTek21

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2002
It wasn't from frys website I went to the B&M store and got a print out from one of the CSRs at Frys.

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: HiTek21
It wasn't from frys website I went to the B&M store and got a print out from one of the CSRs at Frys.

Okay HiTek21, since I've never been to a Frys, what does this printout from a CSR there look like? :confused:

Heisenberg

Lifer
Dec 21, 2001
This may be a dumb question, but what is the point of pricematching? If a store has something cheaper, why not just buy it there instead of running back and forth between two stores?

RbSX

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Heisenberg
This may be a dumb question, but what is the point of pricematching? If a store has something cheaper, why not just buy it there instead of running back and forth between two stores?

Because usually stores price match and drop a few dollars off to beat its competitors?

dafatha00

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000

Some places might not have the item in stock. Plus, there may be store MIRs that could save you more money.

zsouthboy

Platinum Member
Aug 14, 2001

Coupons, rebates, and other things that are good from one store but not another...

gwlam12

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2001
110% is used to cover the extra sales tax you pay. that is why you get 110% if you return for a PM after the purchase has already been made.