Staples: Paper/ 1¢ ream, $1 mini-case AR and 20% off (all?) office supplies

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
After a bit of a lull in the paper rebate deals, they seem to be back with some regularity. Right now there are two (Staples' coupon web page), both are in-store only, as usual. One is for a 1¢ ream (I didn't check the rebate limit, but it's usually 4 reams) and the other, shorter-lived coupon is for a 5-ream half-case for $1 after the ($25.99) rebate. The 1¢ ream coupon is good through 4/29, the $1 mini-case coupon is good only through Tuesday (4/25).

ETA: There's also a coupon (online + in-store) for 20% of regularly priced "office supplies". Their regular prices are usually pretty high, so it's not really a "hot deal", but if you were planning on buying anything there any time soon anyway, 20% is 20%…

Last edited:

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
One update: Starting two weeks or so ago, if you buy four reams at once the register will only take one coupon and split it among the four reams. What you have to do is do four separate purchases, one coupon each time. Submit the rebates (online of course) all on the same day and you should end up with one rebate card for all four rebates. PIA but if you go when it is quiet, and explain to the clerk that Staples allows four rebates you should be OK.

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
One update: Starting two weeks or so ago, if you buy four reams at once the register will only take one coupon and split it among the four reams. What you have to do is do four separate purchases, one coupon each time. Submit the rebates (online of course) all on the same day and you should end up with one rebate card for all four rebates. PIA but if you go when it is quiet, and explain to the clerk that Staples allows four rebates you should be OK.
Do you happen to know for sure if they still in fact allow 4 uses of the coupon, even in separate transactions? I know they weren't enforcing it before, but the coupons have always said "limit one per customer" and what with the recent tightening up on the use of one coupon multiple times in a single transaction, it occurred to me to wonder if they've started enforcing the per customer/Rewards account restriction, too? I ask because on the face of it, allowing "4 items per rebate" itself doesn't actually imply allowing for 4 items purchased with a coupon discount, per rebate. That could easily be read to mean 4 items total, one bought with the coupon and the other 3 bought at whatever the current price-without-coupon is...

Last edited: