Stanford - UW game today

godfire

Aug 5, 2002
As excited as I was about the WSU win, it still kept coming back to me that we should have won by 20-30. I think that's one of the worst games I've seen the Cardinal play this year. If we play like that today, we'll definitely lose.

The Huskies have gotten a lot of attention recently for going 11-12 in recent Pac-10 conference play, and I have to admit that they're playing pretty well (plus, Nate Robinson's just fun to watch). However, I think if both teams bring their A-game, Stanford will still win by a comfortable margin. It just remains to be seen who plays well and who doesn't.

In any case, I think it should be a great game. One of my roommate's dad used to be the coach for UDub, so he's rooting for them. If they win we're going to duct tape him to a tree or something. You guys have any comments about how the game will play out?

95SS

Golden Member
Nov 30, 2003
GO DAWGS!!!!!!!

Calming down, I hope that UW knows what's at stake today, and plays like they're capable of playing, like the 'Zona game in Seattle. Stanford needs their A-game, hopefully they bring it, and don't think about the pressure of finishing the regular season undefeated. Ideally, both teams hopefully play their hearts out, with UW ending Stanford's streak. I'm just glad Husky basketball is finally back on the map. See you again in the Pac-10 tourney finals!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!

WOOF!!!!!!

luvya

Banned
Nov 19, 2001
I think it's probably a good thing for Stanford to lose once in regular season. This will give them a lesson that they are still vulnerable, and hopefully, the players will take playoff game more seriously.

MagicianBdotCom

Nov 30, 2002
GO DAWGS!!!! Wish I could be there, some of my friends are going though :( I want UW to win but I want a close game even more. It'll be better for both teams if it is.

godfire

Aug 5, 2002
Originally posted by: luvya
I think it's probably a good thing for Stanford to lose once in regular season. This will give them a lesson that they are still vulnerable, and hopefully, the players will take playoff game more seriously.

Yeah, a lot of people say that, but I'm not sure how true it is. I understand the logic, but I feel like really close, should-be-losses games achieve close to the same effect without the inconvenience of actually losing. Also, since St Joe's is also undefeated, it helps take a lot of pressure off of us since people generally think that they're less deserving of the #1 seed. Not to take anything away from their season, but I don't think Stanford would have *that* much trouble dispatching them in a game.

That, and their coach is a tool. I saw him on Sportscenter saying that in a Stanford/St Joe's matchup, the Hawks would win the game "easily." Hah.

95SS

Golden Member
Nov 30, 2003
18-15 Huskies!! Damn, it's loud up there. I've never heard it that loud before.

GO DAWGS!!!!!

godfire

Aug 5, 2002
Freaking hell. We're doing by 10 at the half. We're playing like crap and the Huskies are playing well. Ugh. Make it stop. Childress already has 3 fouls, too.

95SS

Golden Member
Nov 30, 2003
YYYYYEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!! 75-62!!

To the Cardinal Fans - It was a great game, had me worried at the start of the second half. In the end, it looked like they were just worn out after Wazzu. Great season though, and see you in the PAC10 tourney finals!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!

godfire

Aug 5, 2002
Originally posted by: 95SS
YYYYYEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!! 75-62!!

To the Cardinal Fans - It was a great game, had me worried at the start of the second half. In the end, it looked like they were just worn out after Wazzu. Great season though, and see you in the PAC10 tourney finals!

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!!!

Bah! Great game my posterior. I thought the WSU was the worst I had seen Stanford play all season, but most of this game was the worst I've seen them play in the last 4 years. Lottich was what, like 1 for 12? Childress hit the side of the glass on one shot, and had 2 airballs? Jesus. Made me so goddamned angry.

I hope they got it out of their system, whatever it was, because if they keep playing like this we'll be lucky to make it past the second round.