Stand by U.S. The War is about to begin!

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000
binladen sucks. He was behind the hostage thing in the philippines too. He needs to be shot, make an example of him. Put it on pay per view or something.

Rankor

Golden Member
Jul 10, 2000
hans007,

Don't remind me about the Philippines.

I'm going there December. At least I'm not going to Jolo and spout-off against Muslim beliefs.

But do have some contingency plans.

Liquidh2o

Sep 29, 2000
is there a chance we'll go to war? possibly.. do i think it'll happen? probably not. Considering that terrorists attacks on u.s. troops are a VERY common thing overseas, this is just another instance, just on a more epic scale.. If we go to war we play right into there hands. why? What do these terrorists want? They want to be heard, they want media exposure, they want to send a message... do you think declaring war is going to stop that? No, it'll only help them that much more... Being in the military, and reading on the history of vietnam, i hope to Hell that we Never get into a war like that again. We can't hold a country accountable based on the acts of a few.. the reason we attacked Iraq, because it was hussein causing the trouble, and he is to Iraq what the Chief of defense is to us..