Stalker SOC NPCs are STRONG

MrWizzard

Platinum Member
Mar 24, 2002
Ok, Master difficulty. Complete mod. I expect it to be hard but this….. it sometimes takes way to much to bring a guy down. I barley made it, I know I am not using the best gun but I got deep into the “brain scorcher” lab and was out of ammo for my primary. Headshots help but are not always possible. Especially when they have a nack for headshotting you from far away. Sometimes the AI in this game is really smart... sometimes not so much.

http://www.twitch.tv/xsmee/b/309114301

He really should have gone down much sooner than he did right...….?

Oct 25, 2006
I have something bad to tell you.

Stalker Complete is the easiest mod out there, it might actually be easier than Vanilla Stalker on master.

And no, the guy is wearing an Exoskeleton. It has the highest armor value in the game, it might as well be bulletproof. He's essentially wearing an inch of metal on his skin with that thing on. You have to aim for the head

Last edited:

MrWizzard

Platinum Member
Mar 24, 2002
I have something bad to tell you.

Stalker Complete is the easiest mod out there, it might actually be easier than Vanilla Stalker on master.

And no, the guy is wearing an Exoskeleton. It has the highest armor value in the game, it might as well be bulletproof. He's essentially wearing an inch of metal on his skin with that thing on. You have to aim for the head

I'm dooomed DOOOOOMED. How does it make it easier?...Here I thought I was playing on hard.

AFurryReptile

Golden Member
Nov 5, 2006
Heh, I had bumped that game back to normal before I finished beating it. It's one of the hardest games I've played, but it does get easier as you progress.

dust

Golden Member
Oct 13, 2008
It seemed glitched to me. You ain't the greatest shot in the world tho:p

Also you should probably get a G-36, Groza(Thunder ingame) or Vintorez by this point. Their ammo is way better vs armor.

Oct 25, 2006
I'm dooomed DOOOOOMED. How does it make it easier?...Here I thought I was playing on hard.
This is from Complete 2009.

- All weapons have their accuracy increased 10-20%
- All damage decreased by few percents.
- Weight limit increased by 10kg, maximum being 70kg. In vanilla the Exo-suit enabled up to 80kg!
- Limits NPC's vision distance to around 100m = you see them always first.
- Sound radius of knife and other critical sounds such as falling dead bodies, grass, and footsteps greatly reduced
- Reduced the sound distance of death cries
- Repair Kit - A special item to the game that allows you to repair weapons and armors out in the Zone. Can be purchased or found.
- The bar trader and Screw now sell weapons and armor repair services.
- Elite Nightvision - Black & white night vision based on the psy_antenna postprocess effect. Replaces the original UV-based blue NV. Makes you see perfectly in the darkness.
- Improved the “green” night vision, much less noise and blur. NVs don't emit any audio noise.
- scientific suits with 90% rad protection now feature an anti-rad injection system.
- bandages auto-apply at 10% health.
- enabled a tracer effect for armor-piercing bullets, making them visually distinguishable when use
- You can BRIBE hostile factions to leave you alone.

So yeah, makes it a ton easier.

Oct 25, 2006
It's funny how much of that I had just assumed was in the game by default. I've played all of my STALKER's with the Complete modpack.

Here's a handy flowchart. Complete 2009 is a terrible mod compared to other ones. I prefer AMK Complete the best over LURK.

For CoP, play Misery, no exceptions.

AFurryReptile

Golden Member
Nov 5, 2006
Here's a handy flowchart. Complete 2009 is a terrible mod compared to other ones. I prefer AMK Complete the best over LURK.

Eh, it was good at the time (which was two or three years ago, for me). Strange that it isn't even on that chart anymore - is the general consensus that it sucks? When I played it was highly recommended EVERYWHERE.

Oct 25, 2006
Eh, it was good at the time (which was two or three years ago, for me). Strange that it isn't even on that chart anymore - is the general consensus that it sucks? When I played it was highly recommended EVERYWHERE.

Yep. Used to be recommended because it was one of the only ones that was half decent.

Now its basically the lowest of the low of the "major" mods.

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
If you're using Complete Mod make sure to also download the Realistic Weapons add-on for it. I forgot to do this with my last run-through of Clear Sky for a bit and it was like my AK was shooting paint-balls.

I think I'm going to download the AMK Complete mod for my next run-through.