Stalker crashes when pressing escape durin gameplay

Molondo

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2005
It just started happening when i got to the army warehouse at the village. It is also the first time i started using night goggles.

Vista 32x
2gb ram
8800gts 640

any ideas?

mrblotto

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2007
Had the same problem when starting at the Warehouses. After about 30 seconds, it would just CTD. But, like mentioned above by mamrey, I applied the latest patch and all is well. Of course I had to start ALL the way back from the beginning........*argh*

Molondo

Platinum Member
Sep 6, 2005
Originally posted by: mrblotto
Had the same problem when starting at the Warehouses. After about 30 seconds, it would just CTD. But, like mentioned above by mamrey, I applied the latest patch and all is well. Of course I had to start ALL the way back from the beginning........*argh*

Yes its quite annoying. I applied couple bandaid solutions. Such as adding -noprefetch to the target on the shortcut. It might have helped, i got less crashes in warehouse level.

NYHoustonman

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2002
This is a known issue, seems to be with Vista/8800's. I forget how I solved it for myself, some guy found a tweak that could be made in one of the game files that allowed the game to function - and I managed to play through without any more crashing. Other than that, turning off Dynamic Lighting (BLECH) should work as well.

Try browsing around the official forums, I found the fix there.