Question *STABLE* NVMe - USB Adapter?

Page 37 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

spike_V_sky

Sep 3, 2022
Default for the RTL9210 enclosures I own: Led flashing slow in low power mode.

See post 851 for a config change to have the LED turn off in lower power mode. Feel free to try different values for SUSPEND_LED_OFF... you may find a previously undocumented setting or Slow Flash & Off may be the only options.
hi

is there an option to turn off the power completely to the enclouser when the pc goes to sleep or is turned off? These days I tried with the bios settings (erp, remove power from all usb ports etc ..) but the type-c port continues to be powered.

I thought it could be something related to the type-c cable, in fact I don't use the short one supplied with the enclouser but one a little longer.

peroko

Jun 8, 2021
Hey guys i just received Ugreen case with RTL9210B and 1.29.38 firmware version, anyone have the changelog for this firmware version?

Last edited:

Ananas

Jan 16, 2022
Mine box is Icybox IB-1817M-C31, very nice piece of hardware except the crappy chipset. [..] I have seen some firmware updates posted here but Icybox uses some kind of own firmwares starting at 133.xx.xx.xx and is not updatable to regular ones.
The funny thing about the ICY BOX IB-1817M-C31 is that while it does indeed have a JMS583 chip on the PCB (I own one and just had a look) it identifies via USB as 0x152d:0x0562, i.e. it claims to be a JMS562. This might be the reason for the untypical firmware.

Anyone who might need it here is the 133.01.00.06 version for Icybox. Not as new as generic firwmare, but still might resolve some issues.
Where did you get this from?

Ananas

Jan 16, 2022
However, the big question remains about whether I will be able to initialize the NVMe again without using a PCIe adapter or a motherboard.

Thanks for your help and I would really appreciate some more thoughts on this.
For low level NVMe SSD access a Thunderbolt SSD enclosure should work just as well as an M.2 slot on a mainboard, but one might still need a special tool provided by the manufacturer to fix an erratic SSD.

I just got me an Acasis TBU401E enclosure to hopefully resurrect a failed Transcend 220S with a Lenovo Thinkpad T470 over Thunderbolt. Transcend's "SSD Scope" does in fact see the SSD, but unfortunately seems to lack any real repair features. So I guess I'll have to start the RMA process...

Ananas

Jan 16, 2022
Anyone having problems with 10Gbps? realtek chip, its just super unhappy on my 10gbps ports
Make sure it's not the cable. I had it more than once that a cable which came bundled with an enclosure didn't work at 10Gb/s reliably. So I bought me a few true Thunderbolt 3 and 4 cables and use these exclusively now. I haven't had any cable related problems ever since.

Dec0de

Oct 1, 2022
Hello, which one would be better in case of stability and heat dissipation? ORICO-M2PV-C3 or ORICO-M223C3-G4
As I take, the first one uses RTL9210 chip, which is fast, but not super stable if I took the previous posts right.

As for the second one I was unable to find any chip info.
I have Samsung 970 evo 2Tb SSD, so heating issue overcome is important for me.

Or maybe I should stay for Orico M2PF-C3, which has proved its stability according to the previous posts?

PRSXFENG

Jun 25, 2022
Hello, which one would be better in case of stability and heat dissipation? ORICO-M2PV-C3 or ORICO-M223C3-G4
As I take, the first one uses RTL9210 chip, which is fast, but not super stable if I took the previous posts right.

As for the second one I was unable to find any chip info.
I have Samsung 970 evo 2Tb SSD, so heating issue overcome is important for me.

Or maybe I should stay for Orico M2PF-C3, which has proved its stability according to the previous posts?
Searching on Chinese sites, apparently the 20Gbps enclosure uses an AsMedia ASM2364 and apparently has the same "unsafe shutdown" number increasing bug like the realtek on older firmwares

ASK THE COMMUNITY