Stable nvidia drivers for crysis 3.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
What is the most stable driver for nvidia cards in crysis 3. Its a great stress test, but I'm not sure the latest nvidia drivers work all that great in the game. I get a lot of crashes when switching scenes and in cutscenes when fps goes into the 1000's.

During normal gameplay it seems fine. Crashes seem to be related to times when the boost kicks in. If it makes it past the first few seconds when the clocks ramp up then its stable. This is on a gtx780 that only has +50 offset right now.

Deders

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2012
What happens with your card at stock?

Do you have an option to increase the minimum voltage?

What OC software are you using?

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
My asic quality is 63% which if I understand correctly means I need higher voltage to be stable.

I may need to look into how much voltage it's hitting under load.

Keysplayr

Elite Member
Jan 16, 2003
My asic quality is 63% which if I understand correctly means I need higher voltage to be stable.

I may need to look into how much voltage it's hitting under load.

You are overclocking? Does your card perform normally at stock clocks? +50 offset might not sound like much, but your card may not like any overclocking. YMMV as with any silicon lottery.
Now if your card is behaving like this running completely stock, then it's RMA time.

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
I've used every driver, both beta and WHQL, since the 314 branch and all have been stable in crysis 3. (the branch at release of crysis 3) There is no driver that is not stable in crysis 3, unless you have an overclock issue going on.

When testing game stability step one is to remove wildcard overclocking or over-volting factors first. Or slowly lower them while you find your stable overclock. Voltages also obviously can affect stability and increase temperatures. These are factors you should fiddle with in this situation, cuz it aint a driver issue. I've also rarely seen "crashes" with games like that, it is usually a TDR. Usually with an overclock on the NV side you get a TDR in the system tray when you're over-volting or overclocking too much. Have a screenshot? Curious about these errors you're getting. Screenshots are easy. Load up snipping tool. Take said screenshot, save image to hard drive. Upload image, for free, to chattypics.com (minimal hassle) and link the image. Or imgur. Whatever you prefer. Curious about the error you're getting here.

Last edited:

krumme

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2009
Agree with keys. Try to remove the oc.

If all gpu/cpu could consistently go higher than the specs they would mostly be released at that higher spec ! There is a very good reason for the chosen freq. Therefore oc is always a lottery especially if there is tight compettition as on the gfx.

VulgarDisplay

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2009
It only happened in the earlier sections of the game. After the first mind carrier it consistently crashed at that cutscene. Once past that I made it through the whole game fine. Its boosting to 1176 and its stable for now.