Stable 939 mobo for X2 3800 Give me some help

Mytime34

Platinum Member
Aug 22, 2000
Hello all,

I currently have an ECSnforce4-939 rev1 mobo with an X2 3800.

The system was fine when I was using it as a folding machine with no extras, but I decided to make it my main system and start over. Well that was a bad idea.

Lock ups like crazy, I have changed ram, PSU, HD, DVD, USB settings/disabled and it still locks up. Sometimes everyday or every couple of days.

Wife got pissed when she was transfering pictures to the PC, so she told me I can buy a new motheboard, but it cannot lock up. HER WORDS.

So I am lookin for a good mobo, that is stable at stock speeds (NO OC here), use of all ports and of course no LOCKUPS. I do not game on this system. It is my main system for video editing, Itunes, TIVO, backup and everything else.

I was looking at the Nforce4-ultra, SLI, ATI crossfire 3200.

Here is what my system has now
ESCNforce4-939
X2-3800
1gig dual channel OCZ / 1gig dual channel Kingston have tried both
160gig WD SATA
floppy, usb card reader
x700 pro 256meg PCI-E
550w enermax 24pin power supply, this thing is a beast

Thanks for any help

mb103051

Oct 27, 2005
as far as im concerned after using 4 nf4 ultra boards the best hands down board is the asus a8n-e.it does everything very well and best of all its stable as a rock.even o/clocked its rock stable.i build computers for a living and this is the board i run in my personal computer.if someone wants a good sli board i use the asus a8n sli.the base vanilla version.sells for about 100 bucks.pretty much the same thing as the asus a8n-e only its sli ready and has firewire onboard.asus is known for building the most stable boards out and these boards fit that bill.the layout of these boards is as perfect as a board can be.everything is located where it should be in relation to the case.there is no way if you buy one of these boards you would be dissappointed.yhey are great boards.good luck with your choise and do yourself a favor and check these boards out on newegg.com...................................