St. Louis Archbishop Carlson claims to be uncertain if he knew sexual abuse was a cri

Status
Not open for further replies.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/faith-and-values/archbishop-robert-j-carlson-claims-he-was-unaware-sexual-abuse/article_4215ecea-3409-53b3-813b-545c81a1b793.html

Archbishop Robert J. Carlson claimed to be uncertain that he knew sexual abuse of a child by a priest constituted a crime when he was auxiliary bishop in the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, according to a deposition released Monday.
During the deposition taken last month, attorney Jeff Anderson asked Carlson whether he knew it was a crime for an adult to engage in sex with a child.

“I’m not sure whether I knew it was a crime or not,” Carlson replied. “I understand today it’s a crime.”

how could you not know it's a crime? just amazing...

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
"Deflectors are holding, Captain; but I'm not sure how much more they can take."

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
All Catholics (as with other Christians) will have to be judged by God anyway.

Let Him sort em' out.

realibrad

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013

Let Him sort em' out.

You know, I was thinking I havnt seen you in a while.

Just to be clear, you are not saying that is the only judge and ruling he should have to face right?

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
You know, I was thinking I havnt seen you in a while.

Just to be clear, you are not saying that is the only judge and ruling he should have to face right?

no, but ultimately, God will. Lawbreakers have to answer to their own Governments too.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000

Let Him sort em' out.

You know there's no definitive way for any of us to truly know there's a god that will judge him, so to be on the safe side lets judge him while he's here on Earth just in case.

Retro Rob

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2012
You know there's no definitive way for any of us to truly know there's a god that will judge him, so to be on the safe side lets judge him while he's here on Earth just in case.

I hear what you're saying, and from your POV, I agree.

My point is that whether we judge him or not, if the Christian God does exists, then he'll still have to answer to him/her/it regardless.

But yeah, lets do judge him now...I agree with that.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
:D +1

Better yet, let's let a judge judge him.

"The jury will now recess and consider the child buggerer's totally bullshit defense. Have you reached a verdict?"

"Yes, your Honor, we have."

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
I hear what you're saying, and from your POV, I agree.

My point is that whether we judge him or not, if the Christian God does exists, then he'll still have to answer to him/her/it regardless.

But yeah, lets do judge him now...I agree with that.

I'm paraphrasing but in the Bible it says you'll most certainly get judged according to man's laws. And that you should follow the law of the land unless you want to get judged.

Status
Not open for further replies.