St. Johns Church Re-opens in Baghdad

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Nothing like going to war in another country so we can tell them what to believe in.... More BS going on in Iraq. Iraq's Assyrian minority population whom are Christian compose of 3%. Putting up a F'*cked up western religion there is just going to piss many more off and the killing will continue over religion! Oh joy! Such positive news!!!

Sheesh....

There are two large peoples in Iraq, Arabs and Kurds. 97% are Muslims, of which more than 50% are Shi'is, the rest are Sunnis.

Sep 12, 2004
Originally posted by: ericlp
Nothing like going to war in another country so we can tell them what to believe in.... More BS going on in Iraq. Iraq's Assyrian minority population whom are Christian compose of 3%. Putting up a F'*cked up western religion there is just going to piss many more off and the killing will continue over religion! Oh joy! Such positive news!!!

Sheesh....

There are two large peoples in Iraq, Arabs and Kurds. 97% are Muslims, of which more than 50% are Shi'is, the rest are Sunnis.
And?

Text

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
Back after my crazy week of work =)

Uhh...Christianity and Islam are both "Western Religions". Also - Christianity has existed FARRRRR longer in Iraq than in most of Europe and mos DEF America.
Although the way it is practiced is different.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Nebor
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Originally posted by: Nebor
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Originally posted by: Pabster
Originally posted by: Queasy
You lost me at Olbermann.

Ain't that the truth.

Doesn't take much to lose you two.

I'm sorry Moonbeam, we're just so full of SELF-HATE that we lack the UNDERSTANDING to operate on your level. Won't you help us with your LOVE?

Of course. But you don't need love for better "understanding", you just need much bigger feet. So when you put them in your cavernous mouths, suck, and they're bound to grow to fill the vacuum.

Most things I put in my mouth and suck tend to grow bigger to fill the vacuum. ;)

What you do with the vacuum in your head is no business of mine. But I would urge you to use some kind of protection and I hope you're a girl.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
damn you guys are a bunch of fools.......... More wars are fought over religion then any other subject. Wait till this country starts having wars over Catholics or christians. Yes, it's all the same BS, I'm not arguing that the same warped organized religions are *NOT* the same hocus pokus brain washed crap.

My point is......... Most people that are into heavy religion one way won't want to change and will go fighting for it. If it's so much the same BS then why not just put up a "MUSLIM" church hell 97% that is what the people *WANT*.... Don't you think we should be building something for the 97% instead of the 3%? Where is the logic in this?

If it truly is the same, why don't your flush your bibles down the crapper and start reading their bible? I bet you wouldn't like that would you?

Keep up the good work...Were making good progress!

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
Originally posted by: ericlp
damn you guys are a bunch of fools.......... More wars are fought over religion then any other subject. Wait till this country starts having wars over Catholics or christians. Yes, it's all the same BS, I'm not arguing that the same warped organized religions are *NOT* the same hocus pokus brain washed crap.

My point is......... Most people that are into heavy religion one way won't want to change and will go fighting for it. If it's so much the same BS then why not just put up a "MUSLIM" church hell 97% that is what the people *WANT*.... Don't you think we should be building something for the 97% instead of the 3%? Where is the logic in this?

If it truly is the same, why don't your flush your bibles down the crapper and start reading their bible? I bet you wouldn't like that would you?

Keep up the good work...Were making good progress!

Well first Catholics are Christians. Second, who is forcing muslims to convert to Christianity? All the story is is about a Christian church that reopened. Why are you so threatened by such a development that hurts no one and is an indicator that maybe some normalcy is begginning to return to parts of Iraq?