Question SSD disk error -win10 - again and again

alivehunter

Dec 16, 2014
For any reason if the desktop does not have a successful shutdown. The next time i boot , i start getting diskerror.

Very rear cases, system also hangs.

I am confused.. if its the hdd error.
My older hdd .. sata 250gb wd.. was also giving me the same error. .. so I switched to new ssd.. which was working gud for last 3 months.
Is this hdd issue/ mobo issue / power supply issue???
I hav re-installed windows10, 3 to 4 times.

Windows 10
CPU: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA- 78LMT-USB3
RAM: G.Skill DDR3: F3-12800CL9-4GBXL [X2]
GPU: ATI Radeon R9 270X, 2GB DDR5
PSU: Antech VP550P V2
HDD :SSD Samsung evo 500 gb (6 months old)
Old hdd was alsogf ki ye
COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212X
CASE: Cooler Master: K380

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
It could be your motherboard beginning to develop issues.

I had an Asrock Z77 motherboard began to have issues, it was mostly SATA errors and other other erratic with the connected storage devices. It took me a little while to figure it out, but after installing new SSDs and still getting the same issues, I eventually figured it out.

alivehunter

Dec 16, 2014
It could be your motherboard beginning to develop issues.

I had an Asrock Z77 motherboard began to have issues, it was mostly SATA errors and other other erratic with the connected storage devices. It took me a little while to figure it out, but after installing new SSDs and still getting the same issues, I eventually figured it out.
Thanks for ur reply..

Is there any diagnosis tool.. which can monitor???

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Thanks for ur reply..

Is there any diagnosis tool.. which can monitor???
Not really outside of testing things like the SSD (which you can using Samsung's Magician software or something like CrystalDiskInfo). Things like motherboards and power supplies are not as easy to test by running a simple utility.

When it happened to me the first couple of times, I thought it was a SSD issue, and then maybe a Windows update (or driver). I just kept testing different components in it, and I eventually figured out that the motherboard chipset was having issues with all the SATA ports and was causing various instability issues. For example, restarting the PC would take forever just with the Windows circle spinning.

Unfortunately as with anything, the only way to isolate issues is to often try different components until you can isolate the issue. And for things like a motherboard or power supply beginning to fail / get flaky, you won't know for sure until they are tested in another PC (or by working in known good components in their place). I luckily have multiple PCs in the house (along with some extra components if needed), so I can kind of rotate parts in and out until I isolate the issue. For most people who don't have this option at home, many times the recommended route is taking the PC to a local PC repair shop so they can do the same thing. However, your PC is pretty outdated at this point (that CPU was launched in 2012), so I personally wouldn't sink much money into diagnosing it / fixing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigboxes and Shmee