• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Question SSD damaged?

Alphabetics

Aug 27, 2020
Hi,
i have had an issue about a month ago. I spilled fluid under and on my laptop. I had to use it firstly about 2 hours, immediately after the accident, it worked.
Then, I dried it in front of a fan heater, after (it's a pity, maybe too late) I removed battery, RAM and SSD. About one week.
Afterwards I used Isopropyl alcohol (much, spray) to clean it from fluids etc.
The I started it again: firtsly the keyboard made mistakes, after a restart the display also (flickering), now backspace isn't working. Thats the only thing I noticed.
I secured my data from the SSD on another laptop via a external case and it worked so far.
My question is: Could the SSD of the damaged laptop it was attached to be damaged in any way I could not recognize (if the mainboard of my "damaged" laptop has a shortcircuit etc.)?
Thx.

nosurprises

Jan 4, 2021
well, yes, the SSD could be damaged in the process, but if it's working then I wouldn't worry about it too much unless there are signs that liquid made its way to the SSD. Make sure you backup your data regularly.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
gtrxpro Memory and Storage 6

ASK THE COMMUNITY