SQUIRRELLL! How to get rid of em?

Jun 25, 2002
Three squirrels have decided to make a roost somewhere underneath the awning/gutters of the roof of the house I rent. At first I thought they were just running around on the roof, but now I'm sure they're in it somewhere.

Though cute, their scratching at all hours is unacceptable. While I could trouble the landlord about this, who knows how long that resolution would take; I'm looking for a way to get them out of there that I can do myself. While I'd prefer to not end their little squirrel lives, I wouldn't object to a little man vs wild violence. (I have a spring loaded bb gun but I don't think the pellets would reach enough fps to get 'em).

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004

"Sh!tter was full!!!!!!!" :D

Doh!! Sorry, thought we were talking about Christmas Vacation! :p

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
If you can't get your hands on a BFG9000, I'd suggest a .22 cal target rifle.

/thread

BladeVenom

Lifer
Jun 2, 2005
Shooting squirrels near a building in a city, I think I'd stick with a pellet gun, not a firearm.

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
Just velcro or place some big Glue Traps around the areas they're going. Or like Hoosier said, Rat traps are good too. SNNNNNAPPPP!!!

ZzZGuy

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2006
Lets see, .17/.22 pellet gun (hollow point for more damage), poison, the old anti freeze that's toxic b/c it won't evaporate and it tastes sweet (it does work, but the new stuff -at least in canada- isn't toxic enough anymore).

My general rule is to shoot squirrels if they come within 30ft of the house. You may also want to check for damage as they like chewing on wires and using insulation for nesting material, not to mention a few extra holes.