SpywareBlaster 4.0 Released!

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
I am still unclear on what the new version added that version 3.5.1 didn't have. But its does add vista support which is huge. As it is, I upgraded to 4.0 two days ago.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
After reading the wilder thread, I am still unclear on the benefits other than Vista. As someone still using XP, and as someone who has for years avoided web surfing with Internet explorer, version 3.5.1 was already supposed to integrate into Firefox and Seamonkey even as those browsers had a far lesser active X reliance.

But as a current 4.0 version user, I still can't fail to note one vast improvement. Just like the recent upgrade to spybot, the 4.0 version of Spywareblaster loads far faster when opened. Given the fact that both programs in their freeware form will be accessed hundreds of times over their lifetimes just to check for updates, a savings of 10 to 15 seconds each time becomes huge over time.

Making spyblaster, the un computer resource hog, an even better zero footprint application no brainer for everyone. What is there not to love is exactly the point. A giant thumbs up win win win for computer users.

mentalcrisis00

Feb 18, 2006
The new version has a drastically different look, it almost looks like an aero interface. The toolbars and icons are glossy like in WMC or vista basic. Only reason I found out was because I installed it on my sisters new build. Looks great and does work great in vista basic x86