spysweeper freezes my computer

tvdang7

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2005
i thought it was my overclock but it does this on stock speeds and voltages. i really need this! adaware isnt working so great. i know theres more stuff that needs to go.

running 4.5

deathwalker

Golden Member
May 22, 2003
Its a POS program...I suggest Ad-ware SE personal..its free and has never given me any grief.

tvdang7

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2005
reply to first post it freezes with in like 10 secos fo scanning.

reply to post 2. i used spysweeper in the past and it took away most thing adaware dindt even detect. thats y i want it to work so bad. BTW i am using adaware.

BadThad

Lifer
Feb 22, 2000
Try it in safe mode, most scanners should be run in safe mode anyway. If you post a hijackthis log here, it'd be a lot easier to help you.

I beg to differ on SpySweeper. As a tool used with others scanners, it's a great program and finds objects well after ad-aware, MS Anti-spyware and spybot have "done their jobs".

tvdang7

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2005
something fishys going on i cant use my yahoo spyware cleaner anymore. every time i click it it opens the download page. i have reinstalled toolbar and spyware cleaner thingy.

tvdang7

Platinum Member
Jun 4, 2005
Originally posted by: BadThad
Try it in safe mode, most scanners should be run in safe mode anyway. If you post a hijackthis log here, it'd be a lot easier to help you.

I beg to differ on SpySweeper. As a tool used with others scanners, it's a great program and finds objects well after ad-aware, MS Anti-spyware and spybot have "done their jobs".

ok thank you i did just that and it fixed the issue must be something that was open that caused it to freeze. well i wasnt that infected as i thought i would be . had only 6 more than adaware would detect. thanks again. go spysweeper!

BadThad

Lifer
Feb 22, 2000
Consider installing Spyware Blaster to help keep your system clean, excellent program, uses NO resources (other than hard drive space)....google it.

Glad you're working again! :)