Spunky has allergy, cant figure out what causing it

Wduaqnug

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2002
We originally thought that was carrots, then we stopped sweet potatoes. only thing left is now rice and oatmeal cereal.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Originally posted by: Wduaqnug
like you. who awaiting of arrival of cyber pervert

Since when were you invited to my house?
rolleye.gif

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
Try going to an allergist. My brothers had food allergies and they were allergic to so many foods (sugar, corn, corn syrup, milk, yeast, corn starch, eggs, etc) that the allerrgist was needed to pinpiont them.

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Azraele
Try going to an allergist. My brothers had food allergies and they were allergic to so many foods (sugar, corn, corn syrup, milk, yeast, corn starch, eggs, etc) that the allerrgist was needed to pinpiont them.

I think spunky is his cat. do they have allergists for cats?

nice avatar by the way.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
We originally thought that was carrots, then we stopped sweet potatoes. only thing left is now rice and oatmeal cereal.

It might be because you are a terrorist.

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001

Is she breastfed? If so, may be something mom ate. If not, take her off one cereal at a time. Only introduce one new food a week, now that you know she doesn't tolerate certain foods. My oldest kid had strange intolerances. Grapes/raisins, chocolate in any form, cherries, nutmeg. Of course, he didn't have these foods until he was older than your daughter... What symptoms does she have? Rashes?

glugglug

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002
What makes you think its a food allergy?

With this bizarre weather we've been having in the NE this year, pollen levels are way up there. Also, the constantly high humidity is very bad if you are allergic to dust mites.

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Poor little kid. How long ago did she have the carrots rash? Did it clear up before she got another rash?

Any chance someone slipped her something to eat? My mother-in-law pulled crap like that...giving baby totally inappropriate foods from 3 months old and on. Made me so mad. So much as a tiny taste of chocolate pudding would give my son a blistering butt rash.

anno

Golden Member
May 1, 2003
stopping carrots didn't fix it..

is spunky teething? especially drooly?

fall back to rice for a week or two and start over.. but dust that child with some cornstarch too.. my guess would be it's more moisture-related than food-related.

anno

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
If you can, ask your and your wife's moms/dads if there were any food intolerances with you or your wife when you were babies. Could be same foods.