Sprint announces low priced Everything plan

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I don't see $100 a month being "low priced" in any way.

edit: Yes, I realize it's cheaper than it's competition. I just don't see the value in the service.

broon

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2002
Originally posted by: rivan
Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I don't see $100 a month being "low priced" in any way.

It's the lowest price available for all the features you get. Unlimited voice and data including text messaging.

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Sprint sucks around here. I'm pretty sure this is a repost too. Old's second law, and all ;)

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
So i must be the only one here that thinks $1200 a year for what amounts to a high tech 2-way radio is a bit high.

Hell im unhappy with the $60 a month i pay now.

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
With all these "Unlimited" services, the people who don't use it enough will subsidize the people who do.

May 16, 2000
Not the least bit interesting. I already pay that for the same service more or less. If they'd offer $50-60 for 100 voice minutes and unlimited data THEN I'd be interested.

May 16, 2000
Originally posted by: FoBoT
i heard sprint really sucks it hard

Very area specific. If you get service the quality is excellent. Unfortunately they have among the WORST customer service of any company in the history of companies. I refuse to go back until I hear that everyone in charge of their customer service has been lined up against the wall and shot.

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: chuckywang
With all these "Unlimited" services, the people who don't use it enough will subsidize the people who do.

Really? Wow...and I was just so curious as to how they could afford such drastic decreases in rates!

I thought they were just charging way overpriced rates in the first place.

Sukhoi

Elite Member
Dec 5, 1999
Originally posted by: PrinceofWands
Not the least bit interesting. I already pay that for the same service more or less. If they'd offer $50-60 for 100 voice minutes and unlimited data THEN I'd be interested.

??? 500 mins and unlimited data is $30 with Sprint.

Cruisin1

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Lothar
Originally posted by: Acanthus
So i must be the only one here that thinks $1200 a year for what amounts to a high tech 2-way radio is a bit high.

Add me to your list.

Are you guys serious? If you have a Sprint Mogul you get EVDO rev a and you can use the phone as a router alla wifirouter program and you have internet access for you laptop or phone ANYWHERE you go. This is a GREAT deal by any means. I have verizon and have to pay 50 bucks a month JUST for the internet and data plan alone.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: Sukhoi

Really? thats almost cheap enough to make me jump ship from verizon, even with the bad service i get out here.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
Originally posted by: Cruisin1

Add me to your list.

Are you guys serious? If you have a Sprint Mogul you get EVDO rev a and you can use the phone as a router alla wifirouter program and you have internet access for you laptop or phone ANYWHERE you go. This is a GREAT deal by any means. I have verizon and have to pay 50 bucks a month JUST for the internet and data plan alone.

I live on a campus and have wifi everywhere anyway.

Lorax

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2000

yeah, when I saw the $100 pricing and what's included, i thought, "isn't SERO still much better?"

oh well, hopefully they keep sero around...

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

Add me to your list.

No. PAM is not included. This is full access for your phone, not your phone and a laptop you are bluetooth'd or usb attached to. If you are using your mogul for PAM, you are in violation of the TOS.

You want full access to data on your laptop, get a wireless card. That's what they are for.

May 16, 2000

Ok, where do you find this? Their basic plan is $30, but that has no data that I can find.

May 16, 2000
Originally posted by: slag

Add me to your list.

No. PAM is not included. This is full access for your phone, not your phone and a laptop you are bluetooth'd or usb attached to. If you are using your mogul for PAM, you are in violation of the TOS.

You want full access to data on your laptop, get a wireless card. That's what they are for.

Ahhh, if they prohibit bluetooth dun then they're worthless. At least the other carriers allow it, even if it's more expensive.

Sukhoi

Elite Member
Dec 5, 1999

Ok, where do you find this? Their basic plan is $30, but that has no data that I can find.

http://forums.anandtech.com/me...=1760933&enterthread=y

May 16, 2000

WHOA!!! That's damn near exactly what I want/need, for 1/3 the price of anyone else. I'd have to buy a new phone, since I believe the Treo680 is AT&T only, but it'd be worth it. The only hangup might be bluetooth dun...I absolutely have to have it. Any idea on rather it will work with this plan?

E equals MC2

Banned
Apr 16, 2006

WHOA!!! That's damn near exactly what I want/need, for 1/3 the price of anyone else. I'd have to buy a new phone, since I believe the Treo680 is AT&T only, but it'd be worth it. The only hangup might be bluetooth dun...I absolutely have to have it. Any idea on rather it will work with this plan?

<-- another proud SERO user. $30 for 500mins with unlimit N&E, with nights starting at 7pm. Unlimited txt, unlimited interenet, absolutely no roaming no matter WHAT.