News Spoiled Teen Pushes new BMW becuase he wanted a Jaguar.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
In India a kid's parents brought him a new brand new BMW, and said spoiled brat pushes the gift into a river because he thought the automobile was too small for him and his friends, and he wanted a Jaguar instead.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/spoiled-teen-pushes-brand-bmw-161008711.html

Jeez, reminds me of another spoiled brat who a few years manage to get on the Dr Phil Show complaining about her cutting her allowance. This 15 y/o was girl trying to get Dr Phil to convince her mother that she needed $5000 a month to live on and to give the teen a more expensive model of BMW then the one she was getting at 16.

Good God, some kids sure are not aware of just lucky they are. do they?

Reactions: MagnusTheBrewer

Paperdoc

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2006
Much less drastic, but inadvertantly I benefitted from a similar "spoiled" kid. I bought a used Maxda 3 last year from a used car dealer. The sory they told me was that some university strudent's dad bought him this car as a freshman, but a year later the kid persuaded Dad that this was an "old man's car" and he should trade it in for a BMW for said student. Much cooler!

Reactions: clamum and whm1974

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
If he would have gotten the Jag then he could have pushed it to the repair shop instead of the river.

har har

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Outside of a British kid filled with Patriotic fervor, what kid wants a Jaguar over a BMW?

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Which models of Jaguar are the lowest cost? I can imagine however that that the insurance will be sky high on these kinds of luxury cars.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
The joke is a legacy of a time (1970s - ????) when Jaguar was consistently at the bottom of the reliability rankings.
Uhhhh, still not stellar, to put it mildly:

slide1_64.jpg

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
If they didn't release such a shit show of a infotainment system that number would probably be better. It took them 3 years of updates but it finally functions now.

Mar 11, 2004
Hm, weird, the data in this version of the story is different.

But people want to rage at a spoiled brat! Who cares if the story is true or not.

Much less drastic, but inadvertantly I benefitted from a similar "spoiled" kid. I bought a used Maxda 3 last year from a used car dealer. The sory they told me was that some university strudent's dad bought him this car as a freshman, but a year later the kid persuaded Dad that this was an "old man's car" and he should trade it in for a BMW for said student. Much cooler!

I'm not sure who's the bigger dupe, people believing some random story like this, or you for believing a used car dealer. ;):p

Inside a British kid, it's too dark to see the nameplate anyway.

Did you crawl up their asshole? WTF is your comment supposed to mean?

I'm not getting getting the joke. Are they like Ford: Found On Road Dead?

They used to be well known for their horrible reliability.

An Indian company (Tata) owns Jaguar.

I doubt that factored into it (and Tata is allegedly not pleased with how Jaguar and Land Rover are doing, so both companies are trying to partner with other companies - recently BMW for engines and I think Jaguar is looking to share platforms for future SUVs with BMW as well - in order to cut costs).

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
Outside of a British kid filled with Patriotic fervor, what kid wants a Jaguar over a BMW?

I kinda like the look of some of the Jags. BMWs are nice and all, but they are kinda generic. Though I'd probably be asking for a 4c myself. ;)