splinter cell blacklist review plz

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
hi i want to know about graphics rating gameplay multiplayer plz rate according to ur review and i ahve asus gtx770oc can i max with aa ultra

sourceninja

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2005
I've tried to find reviews, all I get are 360 reviews. I want a good PC review. Are the controls designed well for the PC? Are the graphics upscaled for the PC? Is the UI designed well for the PC? Does it crash?

Lots of unanswered questions for me. I've see the game reviews, now I want to see the "how it plays on the PC" reviews.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I've tried to find reviews, all I get are 360 reviews. I want a good PC review. Are the controls designed well for the PC? Are the graphics upscaled for the PC? Is the UI designed well for the PC? Does it crash?

Lots of unanswered questions for me. I've see the game reviews, now I want to see the "how it plays on the PC" reviews.

I've been playing the PC version a little bit. To answer some of your questions:

1) I can't say anything about the keyboard & mouse controls because I'm playing with a 360 controller, which IMO is the proper way Splinter Cell should be played. Any game that relies heavily on analog movement - such as stealth games - will benefit from a gamepad over a keyboard.

2) Yes, the graphics are upscaled, and it looks fantastic. Dare I say it's one of the best-looking Unreal games I've ever played; if not the best. It performs surprisingly well too. My single 7870 can play the game at 1080p, Ultra settings with FXAA and Vsync off, framerate averaging in the range of 50-60 fps. The game supports several different kinds of AA: FXAA, SSAA, MSAA, and TXAA.

3) The UI is fine. I'm not sure they changed much from the console version, but I believe it does have proper mouse support, if that's what you're asking.

4) Yes, the game is somewhat buggy right now, and yes, it crashes. Right now the game has a notorious glitch that disallows you from properly saving your resolution settings. I have to manually change the settings to 1920x1080 every time I boot up the game. Sometimes when I change the in-game settings, it crashes altogether. I'm currently holding out for a patch. I'm also hoping they'll optimize the game a bit better, because right now it runs a little too stutter-y for my taste (I'm using the Catalyst 13.8 Beta2 driver).

Assuming they fix some of the bugs, it's a great game otherwise.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
hey could u plz run all settings maxed and tell the fps plz thnx

The only setting I don't have maxed is AA. Cranking up AA to it's highest setting is a good way to destroy your performance, if you like that sort of thing. In my case, using "2XSSAA Rotated Grid" puts my framerate at around ~20fps in the opening level.

For the vast majority of people, I would suggest using FXAA. This game's FXAA implementation is sufficient and the image quality still looks very nice.

Blacklist is a very solid effort from Ubisoft Toronto. I'd say the graphics quality is on par with the stuff from Nixxes. Their new Toronto studio should be doing all of Ubi's PC ports from now on, I wasn't used to this quality when Ubisoft Montreal was doing such a shit job. It runs way better than Conviction did.

RoboChobo

Jul 20, 2011
I have this game on max on a 780 3GB card, 30 inch monitor and it looks pretty good.

The single player campaign was very enjoyable for me. 9/10
It only crashed on me once, so far so good after 12 hours of game play.
Playing this on, perfectionist and ghost mode.
I liked the Paladin and its upgrade system.

I couldn't join/host a coop/multiplayer game with my friends. ( Apparently, some people are also experiencing this problem as well ). 1/10
I hope they give out a patch or any sort of update to remedy this problem.

The original intention was to play this game online with some friends, since I had 8-9 copies for free, that's right free. I would of thrown a huge fit if I bought it and it didn't work at all.

The controls have been good for me since I played conviction on the PC 2 weeks ago to catch up with the story, so I was kinda used to it already, 8/10. FOR PC don't forget to press the "enter" button to go on sneak mode!

The UI was a bit confusing for me, took a few hours to finally understand how it worked.

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
i think i have to wait till the patch releases and what is ur fps on all settings ultra

"plz"? "ur"? I am sorry but this has to be said. What the HELL, man? Are you typing this garbage on a phone or something? Can't you type a proper sentence with capitalization? How old are you? CHRIST. This isn't IRC or xbox 360 chat. Most folks here type using proper sentences. I'm not a grammar nazi by any means but what you're doing is far beyond that.

This is making my eyes bleed. I like this forum because there's semblance of intelligent life (unlike some other PC forums which have gone full-retard), and seeing this is just annoying. Are there rules against this ghetto lingo? Christ.

Last edited:

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I am sorry but this has to be said. What the HELL, man? Are you typing this garbage on a phone or something? Can't you type a proper sentence with capitalization? How old are you? CHRIST.

This is making my eyes bleed. I like this forum because there's semblance of intelligent life (unlike some other PC forums which have gone full-retard), and seeing this is just annoying.

Are there rules against this ghetto lingo? Christ.

Halfway through the thread I'm like this has to be a 12-13 year old who's friends just told them how much better games run on pc than a console.

lilrayray69

Apr 4, 2013
I read somewhere about a high res texture pack for PC...does that come with it or do you need to download it separately?

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
"plz"? "ur"? I am sorry but this has to be said. What the HELL, man? Are you typing this garbage on a phone or something? Can't you type a proper sentence with capitalization? How old are you? CHRIST. This isn't IRC or xbox 360 chat. Most folks here type using proper sentences. I'm not a grammar nazi by any means but what you're doing is far beyond that.

This is making my eyes bleed. I like this forum because there's semblance of intelligent life (unlike some other PC forums which have gone full-retard), and seeing this is just annoying. Are there rules against this ghetto lingo? Christ.

I had a really hard time reading much of any of his post due to it as well. Came off as some annoying kid that should be on Xbox Live.

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I read somewhere about a high res texture pack for PC...does that come with it or do you need to download it separately?

There isn't any HD texture pack that I'm aware of. Just to make sure, I tried Googling "Splinter Cell Blacklist texture pack", and the only relevant information I found was for Xbox 360 users who have to insert Disc 2 into their console so "upgraded" textures can be installed. :p

You don't need to worry about it. The included textures on the PC version are certainly high-res enough.

orbster556

Dec 14, 2005
hi i want to know about graphics rating gameplay multiplayer plz rate according to ur review and i ahve asus gtx770oc can i max with aa ultra

I haven't played the game -- as I reckon I can get it much cheaper around Thanksgiving or Christmas -- but I couldn't stop laughing at the above quote. On further reflection, however, I think it might be reason to weep for the future of America.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I haven't played the game -- as I reckon I can get it much cheaper around Thanksgiving or Christmas -- but I couldn't stop laughing at the above quote. On further reflection, however, I think it might be reason to weep for the future of America.

Ebay...get the code for it for pc, 15 bucks.

lilrayray69

Apr 4, 2013
Maybe he just doesn't speak English as his main language!

Anyways, how come Sam Fisher looks and sounds different? He looks just like the default Shepard model in Mass Effect

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012

Anyways, how come Sam Fisher looks and sounds different? He looks just like the default Shepard model in Mass Effect

Not sure, I don't think it's suppose to be the original Sam fisher ? Is it possible this is before the other games? I was also wondering why it's not the real Sam. If this is after all the rest of the games wouldn't Sam be much older ?

lilrayray69

Apr 4, 2013
Apparently Michael Ironside no longer voices Sam Fisher because they switched to motion capture with the voice-over and thought Ironside was too old / didn't look the part. So they modeled him after this new guy who voices him, Eric Johnson http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0425053/

I still think the new Sam looks strangely like Shepard from ME

fisher_threattrailer21_thumb.jpg
mass_effect_2_shepard_by_agatafoxxx-d30p0is.jpg

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Yeah it reminded me of mass effect as soon as I saw his face. Too bad, I liked playing as Sam he had more character, fit the script better.

orbster556

Dec 14, 2005

Yeah, I realized that shortly after I posted my comment.

If that's the case, I apologize and admit he's the better person for having learned a second language when I have command, and incomplete at that, of one.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
It's still Sam Fisher but voiced by somebody different. The game play videos I've seen sound very different, but tolerable. Definitely not a good fit IMO.

Also funny people say he looks like Shepard considering you're in complete control of what Shepard looks like... And what gender he/she is.