Spies got pwned :x

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7239829.stm

A 72-year-old former Boeing engineer is accused of giving China details about the space shuttle and other aerospace programmes.

In a separate case, two men and a woman are accused of handing over US defence department documents about Taiwan.

A US justice department spokesman said the cases represented serious breeches of national security.

And up to 100 years in jail. WOW. Although for engaging in such a risky "profession" you better know that the consequences are going to come down on you HARD.

Of course everyone spies on everyone....so we need to really be careful about the term "ally" because its almost a matter of convenience at any given instance.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Originally posted by: magomago
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7239829.stm

A 72-year-old former Boeing engineer is accused of giving China details about the space shuttle and other aerospace programmes.

In a separate case, two men and a woman are accused of handing over US defence department documents about Taiwan.

A US justice department spokesman said the cases represented serious breeches of national security.

And up to 100 years in jail. WOW. Although for engaging in such a risky "profession" you better know that the consequences are going to come down on you HARD.

Of course everyone spies on everyone....so we need to really be careful about the term "ally" because its almost a matter of convenience at any given instance.

Let him rot in jail... fucking china, one side they wanna play in the global market and on the other they show no respect for IP.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
after 30 years of successful spying, I'm pretty damn sure the spies are not the ones who got "pwned"... DOH!!

Then again, I also think they should be hung from the nearest tree. Only then we can say that they too have been pwned.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Reasons he didn't get 'pwned':

1) He spent the better 30 years of his life spying

2) He doesn't face capital punishment

3) He's 72 years old; probably a few years away from assisted living anyway. Putting him in a country-club prison isn't much worse.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: jpeyton
Reasons he didn't get 'pwned':

1) He spent the better 30 years of his life spying

2) He doesn't face capital punishment

3) He's 72 years old; probably a few years away from assisted living anyway. Putting him in a country-club prison isn't much worse.

I doubt that any prison time is fun. I do agree that capital punishment should exist though.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: piasabird
We need to go back to shooting spies.

I have to concur with this. Also, I agree that over the long term, China is an enemy of the US.