spiderman -vs- batman

wassi

Aug 28, 2000
i am writing a school esay debating whos better batman or spiderman . dont ask why its what ive been told to do now i need some info what do you guyes think who'd you rather be? and why.

Wangel

Banned
Mar 30, 2000
Batman sucks - Bam, Pop, Snap, Fizoo and all the others. If it wasn't for his utility belt, he wouldn't be much. The concept of a "Batwoman" was always nice, but it didn't last long. On the other hand, Spiderman was pretty cool. Everyone fears the spider!

DaBoneHead

Sep 1, 2000

spiderman was stronger, more agile, and had that 'spider-sense' thing going.

batman was 100% attitude.

In a stare-down... I'd go with batman, in a street-brawl, I'd go with the web-head.

Ulfwald

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
May 27, 2000
Batman is better for many reasons

1: Bruce Wayne is a man who used his wealth rather than letting it use him
2: Batman is just a man who has to rely on his own wits, strength, cunning, brains, and skill. He has no &quot;powers&quot; of any kind. He relys on stealth and cunning as well as a reputation for brute honesty, and impecable character.
3: Batman also relys on a &quot;fear&quot; factor. His reputation for swift justice keeps all criminals at bay. They fear him because of his resolve and relentless pursuit.
4: He is tireless, never gives up, and is sort of a vigilante, but always hands his &quot;catch&quot; over to the proper authorities.

Spiderman. Just due to the fact that he has superpowers.

&quot;But Aquaman, you cannot marry a woman without fins. Oh my, I've wasted my life.
- Comic Shop Guy from the Simpsons

Optimus

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2000
Spiderman would win in a fight. Super-human vs. regular (but top notch fighter) person.

Reminds me of something I once heard... something like: Superman was not brave. It doesn't take much bravery to jump into a fight if you can lift trucks and are indestructible. But Batman was just a guy... he could get shot, hit, killed - he was brave.

Chef0083

Golden Member
Dec 9, 1999
They are tough to compare. Spiderman is a Mutant and Batman is not. As for Strength Spiderman is stronger by far. Spideram also has his senses to aid him. Batman defenetly has the gadgets to hang with Spidey but Spidey will be better in most situations.

Not to be too much of a geek, but technically, Spiderman is not a mutant. At least not in the X-Men sense of the word.

Johnlee

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999

<< Not to be too much of a geek >>

Is that even possible around here?;)

Spiderman is on a different level. He embarrassed the entire X-Men team in the Secret Wars. Albeit, he did catch them by suprise, but....Spidey can dodge frekin bullets for Chrissakes!

Now, Batman vs. Aunt May would be an interesting battle.:D

sandmanwake

Golden Member
Feb 29, 2000
I think you guys are forgetting that though Batman has no super powers, he has gone up against bad guys who do and he's whipped their behinds. Spiderman has the strength, agility, spidersense, and web shooters, but Batman worked years to be a one of the greatest martial artists of all time. For this reason, I think that Spiderman's strength may not be too much of a factor since Batman may be good enough to use his strength against him if that's all Spiderman is relying on. As for the other powers, be serious, Batman wouldn't try to go against Spiderman one on one if he had the time to prepare properly, he'd built some sort of suit to even out the playing field or something. If he didn't have time to prepare, I think that Spiderman's agility and speed would help him more than his strength. If Spiderman takes his time and keep his distance, he would eventually wear Batman down. There's always the chance that Batman will think of a way of winning though. He's got no superpowers, but he's also a very smart fighter. I think this would be a tough call and it would depend on the situation on who would win.