Spider Webs

Raizinman

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2007
meettomy.site
Every day or two the corners outside where my garage door goes up and down has a large three foot by three foot spider web. If I don't knock them down, they just get larger and larger until they connect from one spider web to the next making stepping outside from the garages almost impossible. We have tried sprays to kill the spiders and have continually knocked them down, but they keep coming back. Someone suggested after we knock them down to spray some PAM kitchen spray as it will cause the surface to be to slick for the spider webs to attach, but have not tried that. Any thought on what to use to keep the webs from keep coming back?

cabri

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2012
Spray a salt water solution on the area.
1oz salt/gallon of hot water.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
why not catch the spiders (large CD spindles work great) and then watch them die? Are you saying new spiders keep putting them up?

K7SN

Jun 21, 2015
Back in the day we had chlordane for problems just like this.

Any spider that builds that big a web is obviously benign; if you were nice you would wait till spidey comes out for dinner and relocate him some place else he or she can ply their trade; if your not so nice; there must be someone down the block you don't like.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I use a product called Cyonara (lol). Mix it with water as per instruction and spray the entire outside of the house. It leaves a residu that lasts for all summer, if even longer and any bugs that go in it basically die. It's kinda harsh as it will kill ALL bugs, but it takes care of the spiders too. I find I get less spiders in my house and less spider webs around the house. You still get some as they don't die right away, but it should reduce it.

I have this weird phobia of spider webs, like the same way someone would be scared of clowns or other things. I freak out like a little girl if I run into one or get a close call. I shiver just thinking about running into one of those big round cobwebs... it's only happened once to me as a kid. Oddly the actual spiders don't actually scare me. I just squish them with my hands but I wont touch spider webs. I've actually googled this, and did not find all that much, but it actually is a thing. I might be one of like 10 people on Earth that has this phobia. :p Meanwhile, give me a parachute and I'll go sky diving. I seriously want to try it one day.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Where there are large spiders and large webs, there is a lot of food for spiders. Figure out what's attracting all the flies or moths or whatever, and eliminate that.

SparkyJJO

Lifer
May 16, 2002
I live out in the country so lots of bugs and spider webs are something I have to deal with. But I hear you about the nuisance of them. I put up some nice lights on my garage that stay on all night (LED) and the spiders keep covering them in these really large webs that get all nasty looking real quick. My nice looking lights constantly look like crap from it. Sigh.

Just today I got home and started to drive my truck into the garage and caught this really large spider and her web on my antenna. I'm talking half dollar sized monster. Geez.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Leave them alone. A baby spider is born very tiny. It only grows by eating other asshole insects. That web, is the corpses of dead asshole insects, converted into WIN!

It's almost perfect. Almost. :p

Untcay

Jun 27, 2018
Resistence is futile, those spiders have settled... you need to sell up and move house