Spider-Man: THE MOVIE (PC Version is CRASHING)

WayneTeK

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2002
Hi...

This game is frustrating me to death.

Everytime i play, it sort of crashes on me... Actually, it locks up my whole CPU...

During the game, at random times, the game would all of a sudden create this high pitch tone and won't go away... then my system runs slower and slower.. and finally crashes... it locks up my system 90% of the time and i can't even run task manager to close the program itself.

What can be the problem? I have a high end system and still it crashes.

I initially thought it was my CPU overheating and my system alerting me that it is too hot... but that isn't the case. I ran Counter-Strike, HOmeworld : Cataclysm, etc... and it runs fine... What could be the conflict?

Thanks 4 reading.

KeyserSoze

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2000
I have NO idea if this will help you, but I found this on this Site..

So close to being an awesome game that it's a shame. Graphics are great, sound is acceptable. Hardware requirements are steep. Be sure to read the box before you buy. If your system doesn't meet every minimum don't bother. It took me a week to get it to run without crashing. I'm running XP pro and have a 1st gen MS forcefeedback joystick that connects through the gameport. This game has forcefeedback and it defaults to on. If your forcefeedback controller connects through the gameport rather than USB and you're running XP, it will crash. You must turn off vibration effects everytime you run the game.
Once I figured that out it ran fine.

KeyserSoze

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: WayneTeK
Hi...

This game is frustrating me to death.

Everytime i play, it sort of crashes on me... Actually, it locks up my whole CPU...

During the game, at random times, the game would all of a sudden create this high pitch tone and won't go away... then my system runs slower and slower.. and finally crashes... it locks up my system 90% of the time and i can't even run task manager to close the program itself.

What can be the problem? I have a high end system and still it crashes.

I initially thought it was my CPU overheating and my system alerting me that it is too hot... but that isn't the case. I ran Counter-Strike, HOmeworld : Cataclysm, etc... and it runs fine... What could be the conflict?

Thanks 4 reading.

Running other games successfully does not necessarily preclude your CPU or video card (if it's OC'd as well) from being at fault. Will your system run Prime95? Have you tried it with everything at stock speeds?

Viper GTS

MaDHaVoK

Mar 7, 2001
The game crashes on me too... every time at the same part and I can't get further... oh well I have better games anyway.

WayneTeK

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2002
Hey ya'll. thanks for the prompt reply

My vid card drivers have been updated... Everythign on my sys has the current drivers...

As for my system being OC'ed... I should really update my signature, but yeah, i brought it back down to stock speed and it still refuses to run smoothly.

*sigh* Let's hope Batman: Vengeance runs smoothly once i get it..

WayneTeK

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2002
Originally posted by: KeyserSoze
I have NO idea if this will help you, but I found this on this Site..

So close to being an awesome game that it's a shame. Graphics are great, sound is acceptable. Hardware requirements are steep. Be sure to read the box before you buy. If your system doesn't meet every minimum don't bother. It took me a week to get it to run without crashing. I'm running XP pro and have a 1st gen MS forcefeedback joystick that connects through the gameport. This game has forcefeedback and it defaults to on. If your forcefeedback controller connects through the gameport rather than USB and you're running XP, it will crash. You must turn off vibration effects everytime you run the game.
Once I figured that out it ran fine.

Yeap, been to that site already and it doesn't help at all. Soo frustrating. You dish out $$$ so you could play a game, but it crashes on you... *sigh* Makes me wonder...